RN, Registered Nurse - MedSurg - Unit 51
Under the immediate supervision of the Clinical Director or other designated management (charge nurse or nursing supervisor) functions as a clinical nurse for assigned Nursing care area with responsibility for the delivery of the individualized patient care. Assesses, plans,implements, evaluates and documents nursing care in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice. This position is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by self or others who are under his/her direction. Demonstrates strong working knowledge of interdisciplinary planning, as well as the needs, comfort and range of treatment appropriate to the age and diagnosis of the patient population served. Participates in unit based decision making and supports changes made. demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication sills, both verbal and written in order to establish and maintain positive therapeutic working relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Graduate of an RN program
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of scope and role of the Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Nursing Assistant, Patient Care Technician and Unit Clerk
- Valid Registered Nurse license within the state of Louisiana
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support , Advance Cardiac Life support within 6 months of hire