Registered Nurse (RN) - OR - Operating Room - $24-38 per hour
SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) OR - Operating Room for a nursing job in Madison, Wisconsin.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: OR - Operating Room
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Accepts patient care assignments as directed. Communicates with clinical area team members appropriately. Correctly conducts all appropriate nursing aspects of patient assessment while using subjective and objective data.
- Communicates effectively with patients to assess their knowledge of surgical/invasive procedure(s) and expectations. Adheres to universal protocol.
- Involves patient/significant others in their plan of care, education, discharge planning, and prioritization of needs. Utilizes available teaching resources as appropriate, and identifies/refers patients/families as appropriate.
- Plans for patient care and/or intervenes by demonstrating basic nursing skills, observing and accurately documenting patient's response to nursing care, utilizing available teaching resources as appropriate, maintaining a safe environment.
- Evaluates care by conducting ongoing assessments to identify effectiveness of interventions, performing post-op calls following surgical procedures, and analyzing verbal responses from patient and family during hospitalization.
- Makes competent clinical decisions and displays the ability to know when to involve management or other team members. Assists in all areas of surgical services as needed.
- Provides information to the physician related to changes in the conditions of patients in a timely manner. Documents the care given to patients and their response to care in a timely manner.
- Correctly and efficiently administers medications, treatments, and nursing interventions as per hospital policy.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to surgical nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient’s age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- No experience required
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Do you love providing compassionate care to patients? We’re looking for highly professional staff who are comfortable communicating with doctors as well as tending to the needs of his or her patients. We offer a positive, upbeat work environment where all medical personnel work together for the good of the patient, and we hope you’ll want to join our team.Assesses, plans, coordinates, implements and evaluates nursing care for surgical patients.About SSM Health
Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God. SSM Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. The organization’s nearly 40,000 employees and 11,000 providers are committed to providing exceptional health care services and revealing God’s healing presence to everyone they serve.
With care delivery sites in Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin, SSM Health includes 23 hospitals, more than 290 physician offices and other outpatient and virtual care services, 10 post-acute facilities, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, a health insurance company and an accountable care organization. It is one of the largest employers in every community it serves.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Spending nearly one year developing a single Mission statement and values for the entire organization, SSM Health tasked 3,000 employees with framing it just right. Today that Mission statement is 13 words – short by design. Inspired by our founding religious sisters, our Mission defines the way we do things. Because those words come from employees, we embrace the mission as our own.
Inspired by our founding religious sisters, we value the sacredness and dignity of each person. Therefore, we find these five values consistent with our heritage and ministry:
- Compassion: We reveal the healing presence of God through compassionate care focused on the fullness of the person.
- Respect: We respect life at all stages and promote the dignity and well-being of every person.
- Excellence: We provide exceptional care and service through employees and physicians dedicated to our Mission.
- Stewardship: We use financial, human and natural resources responsibly and care for the environment.
- Community: We cultivate relationships that inspire service and promote justice in our organization and throughout our communities, with special concern for the poor and marginalized.
SSM Health’s Quality Principles
- Patients and other customers are our first priority.
- Quality is achieved through people.
- All work is part of a process.
- Decision-making by facts.
- Quality requires continuous quality improvement.
Through our participation in the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, communities, especially those that are economically, physically and socially marginalized, will experience improved health in mind, body, spirit and environment within the financial limits of the system.
- Medical Plans
- Discounted Medical Premiums (if qualified)
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plans
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Retirement Savings
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation Bonus (if qualified)