Registered Nurse (RN) - ED - Emergency Department - $24-38 per hour
SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) ED - Emergency Department for a nursing job in Saint Louis, Missouri.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: ED - Emergency Department
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE CRITERIA
Essential Functions: The following are essential job accountabilities and performance criteria:
1) Performs comprehensive nursing assessment/reassessment.
A) Performs age-appropriate admission assessment or transfer assessment. Obtains input from family/guardian when appropriate.
B) Accurately and completely documents findings.
C) Performs assessment of post-op/post-invasive procedure patients.
D) Assesses and documents education and discharge needs of patient and family on admission and throughout hospitalization.
E) Provides patient reassessment documenting pertinent observations according to the patient plan of care, changes in condition, status and/or diagnosis, response to care, procedures, etc., and standards of care.
2) Establishes, coordinates and evaluates a plan of care based on analysis of assessment data, patient diagnosis, lab data, tests, procedures, physician orders, protocols and standards of care and other information as relevant.
A)Identifies short and long term goals based on patient care needs.
B)Formulates nursing interventions to achieve desired patient outcome.
C) Incorporates disease specific evidenced based practice into nursing care plan and other documentation
3)Provides and documents nursing interventions based on assessed patient needs, plan of care, and changes in patient status.
A) Collaborates with appropriate health team members for coordination of daily plan of care for assigned patients.
B) Provides, coordinates and communicates patient care, including accurate Handoff Communication Reports.
C) Administers and documents medications accurately according to policies and procedures.
D) Monitors, maintains and documents accurate IV fluids and parenteral nutrition according to policies and procedures.
E) Completes referrals as indicated by assessment data.
F) Requests consultation for special needs, equipment, or information for patient and/or family.
G) Provides patient/family education and discharge planning per documentation guidelines and protocol.
H) Clarifies all physician orders as warranted.
I) Acknowledges and implements physician orders in an accurate and timely manner as evidenced by documentation in the medical record.
J) Assists physician with procedures/treatments as requested or delegates to Care Partner as appropriate.
K) Documents "Readback" for all telephone/verbal orders.
L) Takes telephone/verbal orders only in emergency situations.
M) Recognizes changes in patient's condition and takes appropriate nursing actions.
N) Involves the family/guardian when providing care and in decision-making as appropriate.
O) Recognizes risks for patient and takes appropriate action.
P) Incorporates use of Infection Control practices in daily care.
4) Documents and or communicates nursing care and or changes in patient condition.
A) Performs and documents ongoing evaluation of effectiveness of care based on assessment data, nursing interventions, patient response to medications, treatments and procedures.
B) Evaluates and documents effectiveness of patient/family education.About SSM Health
Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God. SSM Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. The organization’s nearly 40,000 employees and 11,000 providers are committed to providing exceptional health care services and revealing God’s healing presence to everyone they serve.
With care delivery sites in Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin, SSM Health includes 23 hospitals, more than 290 physician offices and other outpatient and virtual care services, 10 post-acute facilities, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, a health insurance company and an accountable care organization. It is one of the largest employers in every community it serves.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Spending nearly one year developing a single Mission statement and values for the entire organization, SSM Health tasked 3,000 employees with framing it just right. Today that Mission statement is 13 words – short by design. Inspired by our founding religious sisters, our Mission defines the way we do things. Because those words come from employees, we embrace the mission as our own.
Inspired by our founding religious sisters, we value the sacredness and dignity of each person. Therefore, we find these five values consistent with our heritage and ministry:
- Compassion: We reveal the healing presence of God through compassionate care focused on the fullness of the person.
- Respect: We respect life at all stages and promote the dignity and well-being of every person.
- Excellence: We provide exceptional care and service through employees and physicians dedicated to our Mission.
- Stewardship: We use financial, human and natural resources responsibly and care for the environment.
- Community: We cultivate relationships that inspire service and promote justice in our organization and throughout our communities, with special concern for the poor and marginalized.
SSM Health’s Quality Principles
- Patients and other customers are our first priority.
- Quality is achieved through people.
- All work is part of a process.
- Decision-making by facts.
- Quality requires continuous quality improvement.
Through our participation in the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, communities, especially those that are economically, physically and socially marginalized, will experience improved health in mind, body, spirit and environment within the financial limits of the system.
- Medical Plans
- Discounted Medical Premiums (if qualified)
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plans
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Retirement Savings
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation Bonus (if qualified)