Unit Director- Neurology/Neurosurgery
Help define and deliver the highest standards of clinical care within a world-renowned health system. Guide, motivate and inspire an exceptional team of nursing professionals. Advance a culture of Magnet designated, Beacon award-winning excellence. UCan do all this and more at UCLA Health.
As the Unit Director on our Neurology/Stroke and Neurosurgery Unit, you will Lead and develop nurses who provide comprehensive care to individuals with neurological symptoms associated with stroke, neurological diseases, and post neurosurgical intervention. You will oversee the state-of-the-art unit is specifically designed to meet the unique needs of 'UCLAs specialty high acuity/tertiary/quaternary Neurological/neurosurgical' patients. Your expertise will ensure the delivery of outstanding, compassionate care to patients at the most critical moments.
We're seeking a strong nursing leader with a current California RN license and:
- MSN or BSN with a Master's degree in a related field
- Extensive clinical background in neurology/neurosurgery
- 2 or more years of previous neurology experience as an RN
- 2-5 years of progressive management experience
- Three or more years of acute care and management experience
- Nursing leadership certification (e.g., ANCC or AONL) preferred
- Proven expertise in clinical, staff and fiscal management
- Strong communication, organizational, prioritizing and teaching skills
- Ability to foster positive working relationships with staff, patients and families
UCLA Health is an internationally-renowned health system with four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary care practices, specialty practices, urgent care centers and other ancillary locations throughout metro Los Angeles. We are also home to the world-class clinical, academic and research capabilities of the David Geffen School of Medicine. Through the efforts of our outstanding people, we have become Los Angeles' trusted provider of exceptional, compassionate patient care. If you're looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, UCan at UCLA Health.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: