DIRECTOR - WOMEN & CHILDREN SE
Responsible for leading, developing and growing the Women and Children’s service lines. Instilling a culture of best practice performance and accountability. The Director will develop strategic growth priorities for the service line to capitalize upon opportunities for growth in Mother/Baby services and Pediatrics. Responsible for analysis of current performance to elevate profitability, quality outcomes, community partnerships, and patient and physician satisfaction.Responsibilities
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A thorough understanding of the management of Women and Children’s services.
- Experience in a growth-oriented healthcare environment, with a focus on physician relationship building, service growth planning, and project management, which ideally includes new technological innovation, and inpatient and ambulatory focus.
- Prior experience working closely with physicians, mentoring clinical leaders and managing service line operations.
- Knowledge of finance, cost control, productivity enhancement and systems management with demonstrated success driving to quantitative goals.
- Demonstrated experience developing and analyzing sound budgets and upholding financial stewardship with high levels of operational success.
- Sensitivity to the complexities of providing care within and to a culturally diverse population. A track record of achieving effective collaboration across organizational lines.
- Detail oriented leader, who is decisive and capable of guiding all levels of staff in surgical operations. A detail oriented leader capable of driving and executing operational plans.
- An individual with the patience and perseverance to communicate a mission and vision, to drive long- term goals, and to undertake a step-by-step process to achieve them.
- A leader who is highly visible and motivational and who is comfortable developing and delivering presentations to clinical and non-clinical audiences.
- An individual who is approachable and comfortable in various settings who seeks varied perspectives with expert coordination, facilitation, consultation and conflict resolution skills.
- An individual with the ability to gain and maintain credibility and trust with a wide variety of clinical and non-clinical groups.
- An inclusive leader who leads with a collaborative, win-win leadership style.
- An individual who seeks and embraces challenges and pushes all team members to achieve their fullest potential.
- An individual with high standards, as well as the energy and commitment to bring Methodist Hospitals to its full potential.
- Will bring immediately recognizable leadership and decision-making qualities, self- direction and a hands-on and team committed approach.
- Dedication to meeting internal and external customers’ needs, anticipating future needs of physicians and an appetite for modeling gold standard customer service behavior.
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to listening to a broad range of needs and agendas across diverse stakeholders, developing innovative and collaborative resolutions, all with a sense of humor. An adaptive nature with an interest in modifying plans and objectives to naturally foster flexibility and innovation within staff.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a strong surgical operations team, with a desire to educate colleagues and subordinates around Methodist Hospitals’ Mission and Values, and an unparalleled interest in treating all associates and customers with respect, fairness, integrity and dignity.
- Great energy, passion and capacity to improve performance while successfully managing multiple projects/responsibilities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Master's Degree in Nursing Required. Master’s Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or related specialty field will be considered in lieu of Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse Licensure in the state of Indiana required.
- 5 years relevant work experience in Women and Children’s services and a successful track record of progressive management responsibilities in a health care delivery organization of similar size and complexity, with a preference for experience within a multi-site, patient centered health system is required.
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
Meets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations Code.
Demonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family, organizational and other medical information. Understands and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing ethical business practices for healthcare providers.
DISCLAIMER - The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.