RN LD - Travel Nurse
We're looking for Labor and Delivery RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Worland, WY. The right RN should have 3 years' recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
L&D Travel Nurses provide care and support for women before, during and after delivery of a baby. L&D RNs must ensure that the medical as well as emotional needs of their patients are met at all times throughout the birthing process. As an L&D RN, you'll be responsible for assisting physicians when epidurals or pain medications are administered, episiotomies are performed, or when the patient requires preparation for a cesarean delivery.
As an L&D Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Stay with and monitor patient throughout labor.
- Monitor contractions and help patients with breathing techniques.
- Check cervix periodically to monitor progression/lack of dilation.
- Ensure beds are kept clean and dry; clean up bodily fluids expelled before and after birthing process.
- Aid physician with drapes, gloves, gowns, delivery instruments, etc.
- Immediate care of newborn.
3 years of experience is required. BLS, ACLS, NRP, Advanced Fetal Monitoring required. Stable preferred. Travel experience preferred. OB experience including L and D and PP, and Well Baby, OB Trigage required. MS experience preferred. Must be willing to take MS patients load during assigned shifts in the event that there are no OB patients