Specialist, Wound Care (Registered Nurse)
NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island is a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Spclst, Wound Care (RN).
In this role, the successful candidate The Specialist, Wound Care (RN) uses their knowledge, skill and experience to plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate programs for all wound care initiatives. Employee provides guidance and assistance related to patient care practices. The Wound Care Specialist provides for programs and resources that enhance the delivery of patient care in accordance with established standards and utilizing quality measures/strategies to provide safe and competent
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Contributes to the selection and utilization of cost-effective supplies and equipment related to wound ostomy and continence care.
- Serves as a resource for wound, ostomy and continence care. Provides consultation and direct assistance to the care team on issues related to patients with actual or potential alterations in skin integrity. Assists the nursing and medical staff in maintaining current knowledge through formal and informal educational offerings. Conducts formal orientation of new nursing and ancillary support staff.
- Participates in the development, evaluation and revision of standards of patient care based upon current national guidelines. Collaborates with leadership and multidisciplinary teams to establish protocols which support best practices to achieve optimal clinical outcomes. Directs organization-wide initiatives for skin and pressure injury prevention, treatment and care.
- Collects, and analyzes process and outcomes data related to nursing skin and wound care utilizing internal and external metrics and benchmarks. Identifies opportunities and strategies for performance improvement.
- Utilizes the nursing process when directing or delivering care to patients with wound, ostomy and continence needs including assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation and evaluation of care. Professional responsibilities are carried out through direct patient care, clinical consultation and education.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree Nursing. Current and valid NYS Registered Nurse License. Current and valid BLS certification required. 6 - 8 years Experience in the clinical nursing practice. Excellent communication skills. Basic computer skills with knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint..
Required Licenses: Registered Nurse License-NYS
Master's Degree Nursing. Certification in wound care/ostomy. -Experience in wound care. Membership in professional organizations recommended.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.