Clinical Informatics Specialist
Provides clinical expertise related to advanced technology for Nursing / Clinical Services including assessment and evaluation, and education related to the implementation of new technology and procedures. Provides clinical support for new services, associate training, and coordination of courses and seminars. Provides administrative support and leadership for effective and efficient operation of the technology services to include evaluation, education, and efficiency of procedures and technology. Responsible for planning, development, and implementation of information technology for Nursing/Clinical Services. Plans, develops and implements staff development functions to promote quality clinical care and effect optimal patient outcomes. Develops and coordinates a team of clinical super-users.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing. Minimum of three years clinical experience as a licensed clinical professional in an acute care or critical care setting with management or charge experience required.
- Minimum of three year experience in clinical systems education or informatics required. Ten years experience in health care information systems or informatics may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Masters degree preferred in a related field, ie. MSN, MHA or MBA.
- Informatics certification desirable.
- Working knowledge of computer applications.
- Communicates effectively, verbally and in writing to a diverse range of audiences and settings.
- Preferable: participation and active involvement with a clinical application system project implementation.
License/Certification Requirements: Yes
Work Hours: 8a - 4p
Weekend Requirements: Yes
On-Call Requirements: No