Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsible for assuring compliance with mandated clinical interventions inclusive of core measures within the medical center and specifically the Institute for Critical Care Medicine. Interfaces directly with MSMC Departments, Administrators, Nursing, Medical and Quality Leadership, and Clinical Staff, overseeing administrative and daily operations of the core measures and clinical intervention compliance program.
- Oversees clinical operations within the program, using data and fact-based problem solving techniques to improve processes and outcomes. Ensures that all clinical initiatives run according to institutional and departmental policies and in accordance with any government or regulatory requirements as applicable.
- Orients, trains, coaches, counsels, mentors, and evaluates staff in accordance with all internal policies and procedures. Communicates values, strategies, and objectives of department or division on a regular basis.
- Plans, develops, and/or maintains departmental standard operating procedures. Regularly reviews policies and procedures and makes changes, or recommends changes to superiors as necessary.
- In conjunction with Nursing, Medical and Quality Leadership, coordinates educational and performance improvement activities within a designated clinical specialty.
- Develops and designs of action plans to support clinical performance and competency and provides support and educational resources to departments and services relative to nursing care delivery within the context quality assessment and improvement processes.
- Establishes and implements short and long term goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures for high level of performance in nursing care delivery.
- Coordinates and leads in the execution of day-to-day educational program activities, as appropriate to program objectives and areas of clinical expertise.
- Oversees the collection, compilation, and analysis of clinical program activity data to evaluate clinical performance and competence.
- Provides technical assistance, resource services, consultation and education to clinical specialty service relative to orientation, ongoing assessment of competency and performance improvement activities.
- Serves as a clinical role model and resource to the nursing staff.
- Prepares reports and analysis associated with orientation of new hires, ongoing competency and evaluation of staff performance and identification of related outcome measures.
- Provides timely status reports of results of assignments including identification of patterns and trends that require actions.
- Collaborates with other members of the health care team in the development, implementation, and ongoing review of policies, procedures, and standards of care for designated patient populations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospital, departmental and care center standards, policies, procedures and guidelines as well as regulatory agency standards. Assures readiness for Joint Commission and other agency surveys and presents related programs durin 16. Participates in daily activities that reflect budgetary constraints and incorporates financial principles into program development and allocation of resources.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies. 18. Participates in the performance appraisal process of designated Nursing staff.
- Specific duties for ICCM
a) Receive, review, and evaluate program-specific reports for all ICUs
b) Recommend corrective action plans and initiatives
c) Develop core and unit specific quality metrics
d) Ensure ongoing compliance with regulations and policies, external and internal
e) Monitor and audit corrective action plans to ensure ongoing improvement is occurring
f) Communicate all improvement projects to multidisciplinary team members
g) Recommend corrective action plans that result from case reviews, RCA, and Clinical Review Committees
h) Monitor and audit the implementation of all QI projects
- Licensure: New York State License with current registration as a registered professional nurse.
- Education: Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing is required.
- Master’s in Nursing or health related field is required, preferably Nurse Practitioner (NP)
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.