Hospice Nurse - RN - After Hours
An After Hours Weekend Hospice Nurse – RN (Registered Nurse) understands that it is the small things that matter. A warm smile and reassuring touch that shows you care. A kind word that soothes the heart and fosters a personal connection. A Hospice Nurse - RN believes in the importance of building relationships, and is ready to make a difference.
Being a Hospice Nurse - RN isn't just a job, it's a calling. Here at Seasons hospice, nurses are at the forefront of the care we provide. We tailor our orientation program to each specific RN using a combination of e-learning and hands-on training at the bedside, giving our RNs the education and tools they need to guide and care for our patients at one of the most critical times in their lives. The reward for doing so is immeasurable.
Consider joining the Seasons team today: where those who give, receive.
The Hospice Nurse - After Hours will provide nursing assessment, planning and care to maximize the comfort and health of patients and families in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Assesses patient/family for physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs and collaborates with patient/family, physician, IDG to establish the plan of care, implement interventions, and/or evaluate care.
- Initiates and maintains communication with attending physician, Medical Director, IDG, Team Director, and/or other agencies as needed to coordinate optimal care and use of resources for the patient/family.
- Documents according to protocol and maintains up-to-date patient records so that the care plan’s problems, interventions, actions and goals reflect baseline, current, and ongoing status, and changes as they occur.
- Participates in On-Call or Admissions assignment/rotation as directed.
- Provides education to patient and caregiver(s) as needed based on knowledge needs and learning assessment and patient / family condition.
- Coordinates care with IDG and informs the Team Director and IDG of unusual or potentially problematic patient/family issues.
- Participates in orientation and ongoing education programs, and maintains current professional licensure.
- Demonstrates familiarity and uses agency and state(s) policies and protocols pertaining to provision of hospice and nursing services to meet internal process requirements and state/federal regulations.
- Participates on committees and special projects and other related duties as assigned.
After-Hours Nurse: In addition to the Registered Nurse (RN) job description, and in collaboration with the Administrator on Call, the IDG and the cALL Seasons Center staff
- May perform Admissions, GIP, CC and routine visits as assigned
- Responds to Triage Nurse to receive patient status information and coordinate follow up including visit activity, coordinating med refills and physician orders, and phone support
- Coordinates schedule and care activities with AOC as necessary
- May participate in IDG Meetings, facility patient conferences, and other patient / family meetings in coordination with IDG and /or Team Director.
RN (Registered Nurse) licensed in state(s) practicing.
- Previous experience in hospice, home health, general medical surgical or patient population specific (i.e.: geriatrics, pediatric, etc.) nursing.
- Willingness to serve on-call.
- Must have reliable automobile, valid driver’s license, and the minimum state required liability auto insurance.
- Demonstrated commitment to Seasons Hospice’s philosophy of care, values, mission statement and organizational culture. Current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required only for:
- All direct patient care in state of Georgia.
Apply for Hospice Nurse - RN - After Hours
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly