Unit Manager- ADON RN
HCR ManorCare provides a range of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted living, post-acute medical and rehabilitation care, hospice care, home health care and rehabilitation therapy.
Leadership is an intangible quality, not easily defined. And yet your patients and staff recognize it in your patience, confidence, skill and compassion. Your positive impact, excellent clinical skills, experience, and natural talents have prepared you to step into a nurse leadership role at HCR ManorCare.
As an Unit Manager - RN, you will oversee the care management of a population of patients within an assigned area, unit or clinical function. The position conducts the nursing process – assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation – under the scope of the State's Nurse Practice Act of Registered Nurse licensure. The Unit Manager - RN coordinates resource utilization, timely and appropriate care interventions, and interdisciplinary communication to enhance patient and family satisfaction, adherence to center's clinical systems and regulatory compliance.
4148 - Heartland of Riverview, South Point, Ohio
There's no better definition of career fulfillment than the experience of watching your patients get back to their daily routine. At HCR ManorCare, we want to make this a recurring part of your working life as an Unit Manager.
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare.
Two years experience as a RN with 1-year nursing supervisory experience.Job Specific Details:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary purpose of your job position is to assist the Director of Nursing in planning organizing, developing, and directing the day to day functions of the Nursing Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be the Administrator, the Medical Director, and / or the Director of Nursing, to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times. As the Unit Manager, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. In the absence of the Director of Nursing, you are charged with carrying out the resident care policies established by this facility.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Assist the DON in the planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing the day to day functions of the Nursing Department, in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility.
- Participate in the developing, maintaining, and updating of our written policies and procedures that govern the day to day functions of the nursing department.
- Assist in developing methods for coordinating nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the resident?s total regimen of care.
- Ensure that all nursing service personnel are following their respective job descriptions. Participate in the developing, maintaining and periodically updating of the written job descriptions for each level of nursing personnel.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc. as necessary.
- Develop work assignments and schedule duty hours, and or assist nursing supervisory staff in completing and performing such tasks.
- Monitor medication passes and treatment schedules to assure that medications are being administered as ordered and that treatments are provided as scheduled. Provide nursing care as necessary
- Provide leadership training that includes the administrative and supervisory principles essential for Nurses.
KEY STRENGTHS AND REQUIREMNTS:
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 50 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 10 feet.
- Must be flexible in willingness and ability to work beyond normal duty hours, including weekends, and in other situations as needed to meet the requirements of Heartland of Riverview residents.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must have, as a minimum, two (2) years experience as a supervisor in a hospital, long-term care facility, or other related health care facility.
- Must possess a current Ohio RN license
- Must possess a current CPR certification
We are currently offering a sign on bonus for this position!
EducationLevel : Currently licensed in the state as RN; Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
Shift : -not applicable-