Under the direction of the VP/CNO, accountable for all phases of the Methodist Hospitals Service Excellence. Strategy including planning, director, prioritizing, implementing, analyzing and reporting. Implements, executes, and hardwires evidence-based, prescriptive tools, tactics and techniques to improve clinical, operational and service excellence. Increases hospital performance by reducing leader and caregiver variation in the use of evidence-based better practices to improve the patient/family experience. Serves as an internal consultant by establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with leaders and caregivers at all levels in the organization in order to improve the caregiver, physician and patient/family experience.Responsibilities
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Qualifications Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Brings an in-depth understanding of and commitment to meeting the needs of underserved communities.
- An experienced leader who inspires the nursing team and works collaboratively rather than authoritatively.
- Builds strong relationships among the physicians, techs, patients, and others with whom the staff interact on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of finance, cost control, productivity enhancement and systems management.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing financial stewardship with high levels of operational success.
- Proven success in developing and training nursing staff and empowering employees.
- Proven ability to achieve sustainable significant cost efficiencies on an organization-wide basis.
- A thorough understanding of the management of nursing clinical, professional and support programs with a focus on process improvement.
- Sensitivity to the complexities of providing care to a culturally diverse population.
- A track record of achieving effective collaboration across organizational lines.
- Immediately recognizable leadership and decision-making qualities, and will be self- directed, thorough, and committed to a team approach.
- Positive and enthusiastic approach to develop innovative and collaborative communications, with a sense of humor and ability to develop subordinates.
- Great energy, passion and capacity to successfully manage multiple projects and responsibilities, while improving operational efficiencies.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Master's Degree in Nursing required.
- 10 years of experience in patient care services required.
- Previous director and/or 5 years of relevant leadership experience.
- Prior P&L management.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with a patient concern technology system.
- Licensed Registered Nurse
Other certifications and/or licensures may be considered as meeting any listed requirements, as long as they are closely related to the essential functions of the position and satisfy any regulatory requirements.
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
Meets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations Code.
Demonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family, organizational and other medical information. Understands and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing ethical business practices for healthcare providers.
DISCLAIMER - The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.