RN ICU - Travel Nurse
We're looking for Intensive Care Unit RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Columbia, SC. The right nurse should have 1-2 years recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As an ICU Travel Nurse, you'll be responsible for evaluating and monitoring patients in an Intensive Care Unit setting. ICU RNs provide the most direct care to patients in life-threatening situations, documenting and providing physician-directed care, assessing and implementing patient care plans, and delegating to other care providers as appropriate. As an ICU RN you will also be providing education and support to patient families, possibly for long-term care needs.
As an ICU Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Provide basic bedside care.
- Prepare, administer and record prescribed medication, reporting any adverse reactions to treatment.
- Order and evaluate diagnostic tests.
- Take samples for lab work, order corresponding lab work and interpret reports.
- Monitor and adjust specialized equipment, and interpret and record electronic displays.
- Ensure proper placement and functioning of catheters, leads and tubing.
- Communicate patients' conditions to family members.
MICU NIghts BLS / ACLS/ NIHSS required Must have strong Medical ICU experience-It is a requirement that all agency staff, regardless of unit, must float to other Prisma Health units and/or campuses per request. Refusal to do so could result in the individual's assignment being terminated and/or a request by Prisma Health not to return for future scheduled shifts. Staff will only be floating to units they are qualified for, performing tasks for which competencies have already been demonstrated and documented. Staff will only be floated to campuses that are in a reasonable radius to their home facility