Registered Nurse Home Care
Full time benefit eligible positions available for the following regions:Frederick
Make a Positive Difference
At MedStar Health Home Care, nurses make a positive difference in people’s lives by helping patients heal in the comfort of their own homes. RNs develop an individualized care plan for each patient and then help patients and their caregivers achieve progress toward their goals for improved health and independence. As a home health nurse at MedStar Health Home Care, you have the autonomy to make individualized patient-centered decisions to promote optimal clinical care.
- Develops and documents individualized plan of care with specific care interventions and expected measurable patient outcomes.
- Evaluates progress toward goals and revises plan of care as needed.
- Establishes, documents, and implements personalized teaching plans for patients and their caregivers to help them achieve independence at home.
- Performs nursing procedures consistent with homecare protocols. Interventions reflect knowledge of standard homecare supplies and equipment used in patient care.
- Initiates and participates in regularly scheduled case conferences, which include all disciplines. Includes patient and family in mutual goal setting and care plan revision. Maintains necessary clinical records, collects data and prepares reports on activities.
- Communicates regularly with the patient's physician, home healthcare team, and other key members of the care team.
- EDUCATION: Graduation from a diploma, Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree program in Nursing; BSNpreferred.
- EXPERIENCE: 2 years acute care experience (ICU, CCU, med-surg, oncology, gerontology) within last 5years; 1 year home health nursing experience preferred or successful completion of LPN to RN CompetencyAssessment.
- LICENSE/CERT/REG: Valid RN license in the District of Columbia, Maryland or Virginia, or any combinationas required based on work location(s). CPR certification preferred.
- SKILLS: I.V. therapy skills. Organizational skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Basiccomputer skills preferred.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyzes and documents patients and families response to interventions. Evaluates measurable progress toward goals and revises plan of care. Identifies and modifies underlying factors that impede progress toward goals. Makes recommendations for update in plan of care, using knowledge of interventions and resources.
- Independently develops and documents individualized plan of care and includes patient and family in development and revision of plan and goal setting. Care plan includes specific care interventions with expected measurable patient outcomes. Establishes and documents teaching plan for patients/families.
- Independently identifies comprehensive learning needs of designated patients. Independently develops teaching plans that specify time frames. Bases teaching and counseling plan on patient's level of knowledge, diagnosis, prescribed treatment and available resources. Utilizes demonstration, verbal and written instruction in order to carry out care plan. Independently evaluates effectiveness of teaching plan in meeting patient/family goals. Revises as needed.
- Independently implements and documents plan of care for patients with routine to complex problems to facilitate continuity of care. Documented interventions are related to plan of care. Interventions reflect standard of care for patient condition/diagnosis. Interventions include utilizing agency and community resources. Performs nursing procedures consistent with home care protocols. Interventions reflect knowledge of standard home care supplies and equipment used in patient care.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.