Qualifications JOB SPECIFICATIONS(Minimum Requirements)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills to provide care appropriate to the infant, child, adolescent, young adult, middle adult and geriatric patient service on his/her service unit.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Demonstrates principles of excellent customer service and responds positively to the needs of patients and family.
- Excellent interpersonal skills using tact and diplomacy in interventions with staff, patients and public.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work cooperatively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to assess and interpret data about the patient's status in order to identify each patient's age specific needs and provide the care needed by the infant, child, adolescent, young adult, and geriatric patient groups serviced.
- Ability to supervisor and give work directs to others.
- Ability to professionally handle stressful situations
- Bachelors Nursing Required
- 4 Healthcare/Medical - Case Management Preferred
- 4 Healthcare/Medical - Nurse: Staff Required
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Certified Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation
Meets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations Code.
Demonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family, organizational and other medical information. Understands and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing ethical business practices for healthcare providers.
DISCLAIMER - The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.