RN CVICU - Travel Nurse
We're looking for Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Columbia, SC. The right RN should have 1-2 years' recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As a CVICU Travel Nurse, you will work with a diverse team of caregivers to administer care to patients following specialized procedures including open-heart surgery and heart transplants. Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit RNs should have experience and skill caring for patients in a fast-paced, urgent and critical care environment.
As a CVICU Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Provide critical care to patients with potentially life-threatening heart conditions.
- Prepare and administer prescribed medications.
- Take samples for diagnostic tests; order, interpret and evaluate diagnostic tests.
- Apply hemodynamic, phlebotomy and IV protocols.
- Be called in for emergencies to provide CPR and operate defibrillators hospital-wide.
- Educate patients and family members on how to manage recovery at home.
Must have 1 years of experience plus one completed travel assignment BLS ACLS required Vents IV Start Telemetry Required EMR Cerner. Must have SC or Comp RN license. It is a requirement that all agency staff, regardless of unit, must float to other units and/or sister campuses per request. Staff will only be floating to units they are qualified for, performing tasks for which competencies have already been demonstrated and documented. Staff will only be floated to campuses that are in a reasonable radius to their home facility