The Medical Assistant supports our genetic counselors in the medical office setting. Performs duties within the construct of a multidisciplinary patient care team while sharing various tasks with other licensed and non-licensed members. The medical assistant oversees the genetic testing process from the time a genetic test is ordered until results are disclosed. Duties include communication with various genetic testing laboratories regarding estimate date of testing completion, issues delaying testing, insurance documentation and billing issues. Corresponds with patients, physicians, and mid-level providers regarding all of the above. Responsible for electronic charting, ensuring documents are sent to medical records and transmitting all genetics documentation to referring physician. Other duties as assigned.
1. Graduate of Medical Assistant program or Graduate of a U.S. Military Medic course. In lieu of medical assistant program education or Military Medic course, 1 year of Medical Assistant experience.
2. Excellent phone etiquette
3. Strong customer focus and computer skills
4. Current BLS card (CPR).
1. Certified as Medical Assistant.
2. Two years patient care experience in ambulatory, acute care or physician office setting.
License/Certification Requirements: No
Work Hours: 8a-4:30p
Weekend Requirements: No
On-Call Requirements: No