RN Palliative Care Coordinator - Palliative Care
This position is responsible for providing the care for palliative care in-patients for the CHRISTUS Spohn Health System. Conducts palliative care clinical assessments and participates as part of the multidisciplinary care team by consulting with patients, families and staff regarding palliative care issues. Participates in the implementation of Palliative Care Guidelines in accordance with National Standards. Provides education activities to promote the activities of the Palliative Care Program consultative services.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
- Two (2+) or more years of Nursing experience, preferably Critical care, Emergency Room, Inpatient nursing or Oncology experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge about home care, hospice, palliative care, advance directives, pain management, symptom control, and discharge planning.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)