RN-WOUND OSTOMY CONTINENCE
Under direction, to perform work involving program management and development of services that treat patients with complex wounds, fistuals, pressure ulcers, ostomies and incontinence.Responsibilities
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES(*Essential Functions)
JOB SPECIFICATIONS(Minimum Requirements)KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Requires the ability to use logical problem-solving skills based on the nursing process and hospital policies and procedures.
- Requires effective judgment and/or action during emergency situations.
- Demonstrates diplomacy interacting with staff, clients, and the public.
- Demonstrates flexibility in meeting unanticipated demands and priorities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Nursing Preferred
- 2 years Healthcare/Medical - Nurse: Registered Nurse Required
- 1 year of experience in wound care is preferred
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Certified Basic Life Support
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
Meets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations Code.
Demonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family, organizational and other medical information. Understands and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing ethical business practices for healthcare providers.
DISCLAIMER - The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.