RN, Registered Nurse - A5 Interventional Cardiology
Provides professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients. Prepares equipment and assists physician during examinations and treatments. Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors patient vital signs. Observes and maintains records on patient care, condition, reaction, and progress.
A5 is a 27-bed intermediate care unit that provides care for patients that have undergone an interventional cardiovascular procedure. We primarily care for cardiac patients admitted from the Cardiac Cath Lab post stent placement, pacemaker placement & peripheral interventions. We also care for patients admitted for post CABG, post Fempop, Unstable Angina, NSTEMI, STEMI & peripheral vascular occlusions. The nurses run critical drips as well as maintain and pull arterial sheaths. We maintain a patient ratio of 1:3-1:6 dependent on patient acuity.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Spohn family!
**This position qualifies for Relocation Assistance as well as a SIGN-ON BONUS based on experience.**
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
- One-year experience in nursing preferred.Will accept new graduate.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire/transfer date EKG required within 90 days of hire/transfer date