Hospice Certified Nursing Assistant - CNA
Are you a C.N.A. that is looking for a PRN (as needed) position that will allow you to provide ADL assistance in the setting that patients love...home If so, read on! Heartland Hospice is currently searching for PRN Certified Nursing Assistants/Home Health Aides to support our hospice patients in their homes in Walworth, Racine and Kenosha Counties. Hours are flexible-tell us your schedule and we will see if we can work with it! Weekdays and weekend hours available but our main need is 7am-noon. Tell us your schedule and we will see if it works.
As a Home Health Aide you are responsible to the Director of Clinical Services, Patient Care Coordinator and Registered Nurse to carry out assigned duties, which promote client comfort and support.
- Provides personal care to the client
- Assists the client with transfers and/or ambulation.
- Turns and positions clients who are bedbound.
- Assists with Range of Motion (ROM) appropriate for the client.
- Assists clients with meals.
- Assists clients with toileting: bedroom, bedpan, urinal.
- Assists clients with medications which are self-administered.
- Changes simple non-sterile dressings or external bags per State and Federal Regulations.
Preferred qualifications are C.N.A certification and at least 1 year of C.N.A experience in an institutional environment.
In return for your expertise, you’ll enjoy excellent training, competitive pay, and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in health care. Consider joining the 15th largest healthcare system in the nation and the largest not for profit senior living organization for skilled nursing, assisted living and hospice care.
Interested candidates please apply on line.
EEO/Drug Free Employer4718 - Heartland Hospice- Serving Southeastern Wisconsin
- Ability to accurately take and record temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure.
- Ability to accurately observe, report and document changes in the patient.
- Ability to recognize the needs of the patient and family.
- Ability to develop and maintain rapport with patients and families.
- Demonstrated ability to work with an interdisciplinary team
Flexible less than part-time certified nursing assistant position. Our main need is 7am-noon. Tell us your schedule and we will see if it works.
EducationLevel : Minimum of one year experience as a Hospice Aide, or is currently enrolled as a nursing student who has had a minimum of 6 months clinical experience, or has completed a Hospice Aide training program or a certified/state tested nursing assistant (or completion of PCA course – Florida only), as allowable under state specific guidelines.
Shift : -not applicable-