Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN - Home Care
Working at Interim HealthCare means a career unlike any other. With integrity at the center of all we do, we know that when we support you and your community, you’ll change lives every day.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and incentives.
- Truly flexible scheduling – a dedication to work/life balance.
- A team environment with a focus on community service.
- A natural caregiver that wants to help others, no matter the setting?
- A team player that loves an independent work environment?
- A connector who lives to bring out the very best in people?
- Honest, positive, and reliable – the one that all of your friends count on?
What you’ll do:
- Provide in-home direct patient care according to the provider’s prescribed plan of care (and nursing scope of practice) while closely monitoring progress/recovery.
- Assess and document patient conditions and report changes as needed (vitals, blood/stool/urine, glucose, etc.)
- Administer medication, insulin, and IV/fluids; documenting thoroughly.
- Inspect and care for wounds, changing dressings and assisting with personal hygiene.
- Assess patient for further injuries, infections, bedsores, etc. and deliver appropriate treatments.
- Collaborate with providers, aides, and allied health professionals to ensure exceptional patient outcomes.
- Education: Associate’s Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Associate of Applied Science in Nursing (AAS) required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Licensure: Current unrestricted license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the state associated with this position.
- Current CPR/AED/BLS/First Aid certification.
- Valid state-issued driver’s license, automobile insurance, and reliable transportation; willingness to travel.
- One (1) year of experience practicing as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in a home health or similar setting.
- Practical trach and/or ventilator experience preferred, not required.
- Job City: Akron
- Job State: OH
- Employee Type: Full Time
- Compensation Type: Hourly