Registered Nurse (RN) Team Leader - Day Shift
Join Our Team: Elderwood is growing and we want you to grow with us! Overview: Elderwood of Scallop Shell at Wakefield, is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) for a Full Time career opportunities on Days Shift, 7:00am - 3:00pm. Weekend rotation do be discussed during initial interview. Registered Nurse (RN) Team Leader team members assist in the ensuring the general health and well-being of our residents by providing direct nursing care. This position is responsible for the direct nursing care of residents which encompasses planning, developing, organizing, implementing, and evaluating the care of residents to ensure that the highest degree of quality care and regulatory compliance is maintained at all times. Initial schedule and weekend rotation to be discussed during initial interview. Responsibilities:
- Direct and monitor the personal care duties and nursing care procedures carried out by Nursing Assistants of the assigned team.
- Assist Nursing Assistants with direct care of residents, as necessary.
- Report to RN Unit Manager/Assistant Unit Manager or Charge RN Supervisor unusual symptoms, changes of condition, daily needs, and progress of residents.
- Follow the Plan of Care for each resident, and monitor the performance of Nursing Assistants in implementation of the care plan.
- Receive controlled substances from the shift Supervisory Nurse and is responsible for all aspects of the storage and distribution of these medications; ensure proper and safe placement and use of medications stored in medication cart, stock medication cupboards, medication room refrigerator and narcotic cabinets.
- Document as applicable in the care plans, Nursing Notes, Medical Administration Records, Treatment Records and other required records.
- Monitor resident care standards during performance of duties, and encourage that rights of residents and preferences in care and treatment are respected.
- Credentials as a Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) with a current State license required.
- Registered Nurse (RN) Training and work experience in a geriatric setting preferred.
- Ability to supervise and work well with other personnel required.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing required.
- Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with others required. Caring, respectful attitude towards residents required.
- Physical stamina for constant activity required.
- Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
- Demonstrated willingness to uphold the vision and mission of the company by following the core values of Integrity, Teamwork, and Passion for Excellence and Reverence for the Individual is required.