U.S. Air Force
There’s more to nursing than bedside care—so much more. Clinical nurses serve our Airmen and their families as patient advocates and problem-solvers, often collaborating with other disciplines and conducting group and one-on-one health coaching for patients, families and the community.
- Provide comprehensive and specialty nursing care.
- Assess health and healthcare needs of individuals and populations.
- Collect, record and analyze patient or population health data from preventive health assessments, nursing history, physical examinations, and other sources.
- Use data to determine the nursing needs of patients/populations. Identify the expected health outcomes.
- Plan comprehensive care that attains expected outcomes.
- Conduct group and individual health teaching for patients, families and community.
The Air Force benefits package is unparalleled in the civilian world. Benefits include:
- 30 days of vacation with pay each year
- Outstanding healthcare coverage for you and your family
- Food and housing assistance
- Generous retirement program
- Continuing medical education opportunities
- Free or low-cost world travel opportunities
This is an active-duty position as an Air Force officer. To be considered, you must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing from a school accredited by the BSN program
- Minimum one year of registered nurse experience in medical-surgical nursing
- Possess strong clinical skills
- Be able to manage multiple medical and/or surgical patients on an inpatient unit
- Completion of eight-week Officer Training School
- Must be a U.S. citizen between the ages of 18 and 47
- Must be willing to relocate
About the Air Force
The mission of the U.S. Air Force is to fly, fight and win in air, space, and cyberspace. We live by three core values: integrity first, service before self and excellence in all we do. The Air Force offers hundreds of careers from healthcare to engineering in order to serve the American people and provide precise and reliable global vigilance, reach and power for the nation.