RN PATIENT CARE
The Nursing Float Pool at Bayhealth Medical Center provides a platform for the Registered Nurse to learn and grow their skills on multiple acuity departments. If you are versatile and flexible and want to enhance the skills you already have to become one of the strongest resources in nursing at Bayhealth, then the nursing float pool is for you. The Float Pool nurse loves to learn something new and thrives on change. Being in the float pool allows for opportunity to develop clinical assessment skills and develop relationships throughout the hospital. The Bayhealth Medical Center Float Pool is looking for nurses that are personifications of our core values; compassion, accountability, respect, integrity and teamwork. If you are just not sure where your home should be, we would love to talk with you about the nursing float pool and how a position on this unit can better position you to achieve your goals.
The Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care to patients within an assigned unit with a commitment to quality and safety. Professional nursing practices, requiring specialized knowledge judgment and skill are performed using the process in accordance with hospital policy, procedures and nursing philosophy.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities:
1) Demonstrates the ability to identify and perform patient centric care
2) Ability to develop a plan of care that prescribes specific interventions to achieve optimal outcomes
3) Must demonstrate quality, safe and effective care for all patients
4) Must be able to participate in decision making and take actions based on ethical principles
5) Must be able to utilize electronic medical record to enter, collect and analyze data to improve the health status of those patients that require care
6) Ability to understand and execute performance improvement measures
7) Demonstrates nursing standards with a standard of values of compassion, accountability, respect, integrity and teamwork
8) All other duties as assigned within the scope and range of job responsibilities
Must have an Associate Degree /Graduate of an accredited nursing program/university
Must commit to a BSN within timeframe as indicated upon interview; BSN preferred.
Computer literacy with experience in electronic documentation experience: EPIC Health Electronic Records (HER) documentation preferred.
Current DE RN licensure or eligibility to obtain prior to job offer, BLS required.
ACLS / PALS may be required per manager's direction and timeframe.
Commit to seeking specialty certification within time frame as indicated during interview.