HOSPITAL DIRECTOR OF NURSING EDUCATION
INSPIRING HEALTHY LIVES
At Natividad, our dedication to the people of Monterey County is at the heart of everything we do—from the health care services we provide to the specialized programs we promote. This commitment to our community spans more than 130 years and, more importantly, has touched countless lives. It has also earned us a Joint Commission ranking in the top percentile of hospitals nationwide. If you believe in inspiring healthy lives by focusing on community-based care, consider joining Natividad today.
HOSPITAL DIRECTOR OF NURSING EDUCATION
Natividad is currently seeking a full-time Hospital Director of Nursing Education in the Nursing Education Department. The incumbent is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and evaluating the educational needs and activities for a collective multidisciplinary group of medical professionals and community members. This position requires one to analyze data from different collection points and coordinate educational activities to improve patient outcomes and patient satisfaction.
Example of Duties:
- Develops, maintains and monitors operating and capital budgets, budget preparation and short/long range planning for the Education Department to include management of the Education Foundation Fund.
- Provides leadership in the development, revision and implementation of policies, procedures, standards of care, practice, goals and objectives for the Education Department.
- Identifies learning needs, oversees the orientation and training of personnel and coordinates the training of students on the patient care units and in clinics.
- Provides in-house education to hospital staff; acts as a consultant to department managers on required competencies related to caring for patients and regulatory requirements; and develops an RN Annual Review to meet regulatory educational requirements.
- Directs community education for targeted populations (e.g., Compassionate Care Alliance, Monterey Bay Geriatric Resource Center). Provides continuing education units (CEU’s) for these educational events.
- Participates in Quality Management and Performance Improvement activities; identifies patient care system and/or process issues and trends; assists with data collection as it relates to CALNOC reporting on Pressure Ulcers, Falls, Restraints and Medication Administration.
- In coordination with Advanced Trauma Life Support Physician Program Director/Instructor, provides the ATLS courses at Natividad. This course is open to physicians throughout the United States.
- Coordinates the RN Residency Program, to include first work experiences for new graduates in a classroom and acute care setting.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of:
- Advanced theoretical concepts, principles, techniques and procedures used in professional nursing and health care
- Federal, State, Local laws & regulations & TJC standards that govern the nursing practice & delivery of health care
- Budget development and cost control methods applicable to health care systems operations
- Health care systems operations and administration, including management, planning and delivery of services
- Design of performance-based programs ensuring acquisition of content and transfer of learning to the work environment to support patient-centered care (program development, implementation, modification and evaluation)
Minimum qualifications include possession of a valid California Registered Nurse (RN) license and a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) and a Master's degree in Nursing (MSN), Health Care Administration or related field and/or graduation from an advanced practice program (such as Nurse Practitioner) preferred. In addition, the successful candidate should have 5-10 years of experience in nursing, including clinical and supervisory experience, management and advanced nursing practice, professional education program development and quality improvement activities, or some equivalent combination of training and experience preferred.
Priority Screening Date: Friday, October 16, 2020 at 11:59pm for a guaranteed review. Application materials received after this date will be reviewed as needed until the position is filled.
For application materials, contact Natividad, HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd, Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA 93906; call us at (831) 783-2700; or apply online at www.natividad.com. Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NatividadInspiringHealthyLives/ EOE/M/F/H/V