Associate Chief of Staff for Community Care
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 12/31/2020. .
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- English Language Proficiency
Nurse Practitioner Requirements:
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State agency, and
accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
- A registered nurse (RN) will have a current, full, active and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the U.S. or in the District of Columbia.
- A nurse practitioner must be licensed or otherwise recognized as a nurse practitioner in a State, AND possess a master's degree from a program accredited by the NLNAC or CCNE, AND maintain full and current certification as a nurse practitioner from the American Nurses Association or another nationally recognized certifying body. NOTE: The certification must be in the specialty to which the individual is being appointed or selected.
Physician Assistant Requirements:
- Graduate of a PA training program, or of a surgical assistant program which is accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessor organizations; AND A Bachelor's degree from an accredited PA training program or in another health sciences related field from an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Current and continuous certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is required for employment in VHA.
Grade Determinations: The grade of the selected candidate will be granted after the completion of a Professional Standards Board.
References: VA Handbook 5005 Education
IMPORTANT: A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/.
If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.