Employee Health Manager (RN) - Full Time, Days
Capital Health is the region's leader in advanced medicine with significant investments in advanced technologies and the best physicians. Comprising its two hospitals (Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton and the Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell) and the Capital Health - Hamilton outpatient facility, Capital Health is a growing accredited healthcare organization. Capital Health has also received Magnet® status for the fourth consecutive time in recognition of its quality patient care, innovations in professional nursing practice, and nursing excellence. Only 29 organizations in the country have received Magnet status four times and five of those organizations are in New Jersey. In addition, our nursing team received special recognition for excellence in stroke and outpatient emergency care.
In this role, you will be responsible for the workers' compensation program, which includes reporting of claims to workers' compensation carrier, case management and support activities within the context of ensuring a safe and healthy work environment.
- Develops and administers programs that contribute to improved health and prevention of employee illness and injury.
- Develops, coordinates and conducts employee health programs, documenting, tracking and analyzing data to discover trends in order to provide recommendations to specific departments and/or the system to ensure all staff are compliant with regulatory guidelines for required testing and vaccinations.
- Maintains and submits required OSHA records and policies and programs to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Functions as a professional nurse, applying theoretical knowledge and analytical nursing skills to the case management of workers' compensation cases.
- Communicates and coordinates case management activity.
- Collaborates with safety team, insurance carrier's risk management consultant, infection prevention and occupational health to implement and coordinate injury-prevention programs, ergonomics, respirator protection program, annual influenza campaign and safety committee.
- Recognizes, educates and advises workers on identifying, reducing and eliminating health and safety risks in the work environment. Addresses any potentially unsafe equipment or procedures.
- Conducts assessment of work injuries/illnesses and coordinates treatment and referral.
- Promotes a culture of health by education, evaluations, safety rounds and screenings that support employee health, safety and well-being programs as needed.
- Evaluates information and data to continually assess current state. Engages with key stakeholders to problem solve and manage change for optimal employee health, safety and well-being.
- Manages workers' compensation claims from onset to finish to achieve the desired outcome for both the employee and the organization.
- Participates in committees and process improvement to contribute employee health subject matter expertise. Develops and presents employee health, safety and well-being data to leadership.
- Conducts end-of-year audit of the OSHA 300 log and creates the OSHA Form 300A.
- Completes and submits any other federal reporting requirements according to the current OSHA rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN).
- Active NJ RN license.
- Five years of clinical nursing experience.
- Three years of work experience in workers' compensation, case management, occupational health or infection control.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and case management.
- Competitive salaries
- Tuition reimbursement
- Low employee expense for medical and dental insurance
- 403(b) Savings and Retirement Program
Easy commute from PA and major NJ routes.
Find out why our 4,000+ employees have chosen Capital Health.
For more information and to apply online, please visit http://capitalhealth.attnhr.com/jobs/227810/
Equal opportunity employer.