RN-Labor & Delivery ***Sign On Bonus for qualified candidates!!
*** Our State of the Art Labor & Delivery unit is anticipating several key RN positions opening soon. If you are interested in being proactively considered, apply to this pipeline posting today.
Provides direct patient care to low risk obstetrical patients with high risk baby in a Labor and Delivery setting.Responsible to provide clinical care including, but not limited to, performing and interpreting electronic fetal monitoring, conducting appropriate assessment and interventions of the mother- baby dyad, and evaluating outcomes of the interventions. Communicates with medical and clinical teams, and responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Assesses patient needs and develops the plan of care based on collection of data, both subjective and objective, and observation of patient's clinical status. Supports and upholds quality standards of a Magnet designated hospital and Patient Bill of Rights and practices under the supervision of the Nursing Manager/Director.
Minimum Job Requirements
- RN Licensure within the State of Florida or Multi-State Enhanced Nursing License Compact (eNLC) – maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- American Heart Association BLS - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- AWHONN Fetal Monitoring Certified required within 45 days of hire
- American Heart Association ACLS - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- 2-4 years' RN experience in a Labor and Delivery acute care setting (must be within the last six months)
- IV insertion and placement experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BSN or MSN Degree (or) currently enrolled in a BSN or MSN program highly preferred.
- Couplet experience preferred.
- Well newborn experience is strongly preferred.
- Possess proficiency in computers and Electronic Health Record (EHR) preferred.
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team and effectively collaborate in a team environment.
- Able to analyze and interpret data and utilize the information to make judgments regarding patient care.
- Strong time management and critical thinking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely fashion with attention to detail.
- Ability to apply principles of evidence-based practice, analytical thinking, and service excellence in practice.
- Able to float to inpatient care units within the scope of practice and competency.
- Able to take on-call assignments, work weekend shifts, major and minor holidays per department and/or hospital policy.
Job Specific Duties
- Initiates/administers therapeutic interventions, such as medications, IV therapy, oxygen therapy, etc., under Florida Nurse Practice Act parameters and in adherence with NCHS policies/procedures.
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures per competencies as well as assisting physicians with procedures
- Through diagnostic devices, directly/indirectly skillfully observes, evaluates, & records patient’s clinical conditions & critical events during the hospital stay through electronic documentation.
- Recognizes, identifies, & interprets emergency situations & initiates appropriate action. Evaluates response to the plan of care & collaborates with the patient upon goals and revises as necessary.
- Communicates the patient's progress, including critical findings and changes in the patients' condition, to the physician and/or disciplines involved in the care of the child.
- Plans, implements, and documents the plan of care in collaboration with other disciplines and services to assure safe and efficient care.
- Completes all nursing assessment of patients. Performs reassessments as per policy when there is a change in the plan of care or an intervention is performed.
- Follows physician’s orders and administers medications as directed. Adheres to the six rights of medication administration.
- Promotes a safe "error free" working environment by consistently performing thorough hand-offs and infection prevention measures.
- Assesses all body systems, ensures safe, effective, efficient care delivery with emphasis on the absence of medication errors, avoidance of falls from surface, reduction of pain, etc.
- Independently accesses electronic health record (EHR) according to hospital policy and completes accurate and timely documentation in the patient’s EHR.
- Communicates and documents critical lab results per hospital policy and procedures.
- Communicates with patients and families to review plan of care and solicits input; communicates any patient and family concerns to physician.
- Applies principles of evidenced-based practice, analytical thinking, and service excellence in practice.
- Floats to inpatient care units within the scope of practice and competency.
: Nursing - Clinical
: Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
: MATERNAL/FETAL PROGRAM-2100-650000
Job Status: Full Time