(LPN) Licensed Practical Nurse
Family First Homecare is a locally owned home health nursing company specializing in providing long term solutions to individuals needing care in the privacy and comfort of their own home.
Previous home health experience not required! Ask about our Preceptor Program where you'll gain hands on home health experience with the complex pediatric and adolescent population. Receive training on trach and ventilators with our Respiratory Therapists and Critical Care Pediatrics Nurses in our onsite skills lab. Skill level required will vary depending on patient need but could include G-tube care, trach care, and ventilator care as well as ADL's, medical management and other skills. Our goal is to provide the training that will foster the professional and personal development for our clinical staff.
- Provide comprehensive patient care in a home setting within the guidelines set by the (POC) Plan of Care.
- Administer medications, perform daily patient assessments, and conduct light housekeeping.
- Accountable for making decisions that are based on the individual’s nursing experience and educational preparation
- Ensures the completion of patient care documentation in a timely manner
- Attends and/or completes all mandatory training/ in-services as assigned
- Submits required personnel file documentation in a timely manner
- Occasionally assists with admission, transfer, re-certification, resumption of care and discharge paperwork as assigned
- Previous experience caring for patients with trach, vent, and/or G-tube
- Pediatric experience
- Comfortable with homecare
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for providing nursing care in accordance with Family. First Homecare (FFHC) policy, Nurse Practice Acts, and State/ Federal regulations.
- Active Florida Nursing license
- Current CPR
- Must have a clear background screening
- The ability to read and communicate in English both verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge of Nurse Practice Acts