Nurse Clinical Research Coordinator III (COVID-19) – Infectious Disease Clinical Research Program
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Nurse Clinical Research Coordinator to support the Infectious Disease Clinical Research Program (IDCRP) located at the Madigan Army Medical Center in Tacoma, WA. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to IDCRP. U.S. citizenship required.
The incumbent coordinates the activities associated with treating patients for clinical trials. Assures accurate documentation is maintained, and all governing regulations are in compliance. The incumbent will be working with the IDCRP at Madigan. Active protocols include the evaluation of vaccine effectiveness for influenza, treatment study for COVID-19 and observational studies for COVID-19, HIV, Travel health and STIs. Primary responsibilities will be in support of EpiCC-085 (observational study COVID-19), ACTT (COVID-19 treatment trial), and PAIVED (influenza vaccine trial).
- Interviews patients for clinical trials and collects and analyzes data to validate eligibility and patient commitment. Educates patients about the clinical trial, their roles in the protocols, and any other vital information. Provides patients with documentation validating their study participation as needed. Acts as a research case manager for the patients. Serves as a resource for the patients. Conducts counseling sessions for patients and informs them of their rights and responsibilities.
- Obtains pre-screening medical documents by communicating with appropriate sources.
- Acts as a liaison between patients and physicians and as a resource to the patient and patient’s family.
- Collects data appropriate to the research protocol; documents in medical record/research record and on case report forms.
- Assists in administering appropriate drugs/devices/infusions to patients as specified in protocols. May be required to draw blood and obtain other specimens as specified in protocols.
- Evaluates patient status and appropriately elevates significant findings to the physician. Conducts patient follow-up as required.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must obtain security clearance for JBLM and computer access, have/obtain required immunizations/titers, good communication and organizational skills. Clinical Research experience with active coordination of clinical trial to include preparation, execution and quality assessments. Experience with electronic medical record reviews. Knowledge of complex nursing procedures; knowledge of federal and local regulations and policies pertinent to research involving human subjects; excellent interpersonal and computer skills; ability to communicate effectively and to work with individuals of all levels. Preferred: Phlebotomy skills, sample collection/lab processing, and Phase 3 trial experience.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in nursing required.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: 3-5 years of experience required.
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: RN, certification as CCRC or CCRP preferred.
Work Environment: May require occasional evening or weekend work if required for participant research activities.
Background/Security: U.S. citizenship required; eligible to obtain and maintain a Tier III Investigation/ Secret Clearance and Common Access Card (CAC).
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.