The League Education and Treatment Center is a non-profit agency dedicated to improving the lives of individuals with psychiatric and developmental disabilities. Each day, we serve over 500 at-risk and underserved children and adults from all parts of the greater New York City area. We offer generous benefits including: health insurance, life insurance, 403 (b), sick time and vacation time.
If you are a Registered Nurse who enjoys being part of a multidisciplinary team, and is seeking to enhance life for the betterment of clients in our program, we would like to hear from you. This is a position working in a renowned day treatment program providing skilled assistance to children with developmental disabilities.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Triage medical and psychiatric emergencies. Provide nursing assessments and basic first aid in response to injuries and incidents.
- Attends clinical and interdisciplinary meetings, and prepares semi-annual written summary of medical and health history of program participants for their records.
- Maintains a comprehensive medical file for each program participant, including applicable consents to administer medications.
- Stores and dispenses medications, as applicable, recording the latter on a medication administration record.
- Learns and follows the Agency’s policies and procedures by attending mandatory in-service programs given by the Agency. Learns and follows SED, OMH, OPWDD and other governmental and/or state agency regulatory requirements, including but not limited to the reporting of alleged abuse.
- Required to float for coverage to other programs and other sites as needed.
- RN License by the NYS Education Department from an accredited program
Skills and/or Experience Required:
- Experience working with adults and children with developmental disabilities required.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and represent the Agency with external groups/individuals.
EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled. For immediate consideration,
please email your resume with salary requirements to: