Per Diem Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Opportunities in Waterbury,CT
Utilize advanced psychiatric nurse practitioner skills to evaluate and treatadolescent, adult and geriatric psychiatric patients and their significant others in ambulatory and inpatientsettings. Will work under full to partial supervision of a physician appointed to the medical staff.
- Perform medication assessments and prescribe psychopharmacologic treatments which may include antidepressants, antipsychotic, antihistamine, parasympatholytic, antiviral, central nervous system and analgesic medications in addition to mood stabilizing agents.
- Perform history physical exams as indicated.
- Evaluate and assess adolescent, adult and geriatric patients and their significant others.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of individualized treatment plans in collaboration with the Multidisciplinary Treatment Team/Attending Physician.
- Provide individual, group, and family therapy for assigned patients and significant others.
- Provide other direct patient care services in accordance with patient care needs and unit resources.
- Provide education and training for staff and patients.
- Participate in departmental and interdepartmental committees and meetings and maintain own professional competency by participating in ongoing clinical supervision.
- Maintain timely and accurate documentation in accordance with hospital policy, JCAHO, state, and federal standards.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- MSN with certification by an approved nursing organization and prescriptive authority.
- Current licensure as an A.P.R.N. in the State of Connecticut.
- At least two years of post graduate clinical experience in a psychiatric setting.
- Advanced knowledge of clinical psychiatric nursing practice including geriatric, adolescent and adult psychiatric assessment, individual, group, and family therapy, psychopharmacology, and discharge planning. Ability to make prudent clinical decisions.
- Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written format.
- Ability to teach patients, families, and staff.
Alliance Medical Group, Inc. offers a competitive salary. About Waterbury, Connecticut: Waterbury and it's surrounding suburbs are an ideal location for familylife, cultural activities, professional growth, and recreation. Conveniently located in reasonable driving distance to New York city and Boston, it is easy to travel. For those who enjoy winter sports, the Vermont mountains are just a few hours away. There is easy access to the Metro North train line and the thriving areas of Hartford, New Haven, and Danbury are nearby.
WhyWaterbury Health:The Greater Waterbury Health Network consists of Waterbury Hospital and its many affiliates. Waterbury Hospital delivers a collaborative and education medical environment that holds multi-disciplinary coordination and patient care as very important. This Joint Commission accredited institution provides high quality care as high reliability organization.
Please contact Natalie Hauzeur for details at nhauzeur@email@example.com