Registered Nurse (RN) Program Manager
The RN Program Manager is an experienced registered professional nurse who will strategically lead and explore clinical-lead services and program management through the MOWCTX CAPABLE (Community Aging in Place, Advancing Better Living for Elders) program. The RN will provide both the RN component of the CAPABLE intervention model as well as coordinating/managing the 5 month intervention for participants. The RN will lead and work cooperatively with the third-party occupational health agency and the MOWCTX Home Repair Department. This position resides within the Nutrition, Health and Impact (NHI) department reporting to the Vice President of NHI.
The successful candidate will be visiting clients in their homes. Bilingual English/Spanish highly preferred.
This is a grant funded position with the expectation to last at least two years.
Essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Attend and participant in formal training of the CAPABLE model including the roles of RN, Occupational Therapist (OT) and Handy Person (HP). Training will be provided by Johns Hopkins University.
- Core responsibility will focus on holistic management of the CAPABLE program to include but not limited to establishment, maintenance and oversight of third-party stakeholder relationships.
- Responsible for the CAPABLE intake process to include a validated telephone pre-screen for cognitive impairment and rescreen of both Activities and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living.
- During initial participant visit, use a semi-structured interview to help each participant identify and prioritize up to three goals related to pain, depression, strength and balance, medication management, and/or communication with primary care providers.
- In subsequent visits, collaborate with participant and other stakeholders to plan and implement incremental actions to address participant goals.
- Continuous collection and monitoring of Perceived Confidence Scale of Health, quality of life indicators, self-reported healthcare utilization and fall history information. This information will be used during the “close out” session for each participant to evaluate pre/post measurement changes.
- Coordinate logistics of initial appointments for the multidisciplinary team RN, OT and HP.
- Conduct appointment reminder calls for all scheduled visits to prevent “no shows,” addressing cancellations or rescheduling of appointments by participants.
- Prepare for and assist with weekly HIPAA compliance.
- In final visit, review effectiveness and prepare summary of participant’s goals for primary care provider.
- Collection of any follow up/close out data not related to RN/OT/HP and administration of participant survey.
Skills & Requirements
- Diploma/degree from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- Licensed registered nurse credential from the Texas Board of Nursing
- Three of more years of direct care nursing experience
- One year case management experience working with vulnerable populations
- Demonstrated program or project management experience from inception to close out
- Must have experience and be skilled in the use of software programs such as Microsoft Excel
- CRM database experience such as Salesforce or ability to learn software programs
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage and prioritize multiple priorities and tasks appropriately
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and collaborate with other professionals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with dynamic presentation skills and comfortable being in front of people
- Ability to interact effectively and comfortably with people from all socioeconomic and disability levels in addition to older adults
- Possess and maintain a valid Texas Driver’s License, vehicle insurance and reliable transportation
- Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, sex or age or any other legally protected status.
No phone calls please.