Faculty Development Coordinator (Part Time) Cincinnati, Ohio
Faculty Development Coordinator
Galen College of Nursing
Galen College is currently searching for a Part Time Faculty Development Coordinator for our Cincinnati, Ohio campus.
The Faculty Development Coordinator is responsible for enhancing campus faculty members’ teaching effectiveness through the implementation of innovative, comprehensive, and effective faculty orientation, mentoring, and development programs.
A key requirement of this position is the ability to consult with faculty and communicate clearly and diplomatically as part of the professional development process. It is expected that the Faculty Development Coordinator will stay up-to-date on current trends in Faculty Development and relevant research in teaching practices, learning theory, and new technologies for instruction.
- Collaborate with campus faculty and the Faculty Development Coordinators from other campuses.
- Responsible for establishing, implementing, and monitoring a formal faculty teaching effectiveness evaluation system based primarily on: 1) first time NCLEX pass rates for all programs on campus; 2) level of achievement of program students learning outcomes and general education competencies; 3) student progression and retention; and 4) Faculty retention and development.
- Will contribute to the implementation of the College’s strategic plan as it relates to faculty development.
- Focus efforts to ensure the achievement of the institutional goal of academic excellence.
- Provide leadership to the campus faculty development committee.
- Must have a minimum of six years of effective, full-time teaching experience in an accredited institution
- Documented experience related to mentoring and developing faculty
- Will be expected to possess a comprehensive knowledge of exemplary teaching practices, and teaching experience
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking)
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Experience working as part of a team and facilitating faculty
- Technology skills, the ability to communicate using technology, and the ability to work with learning management systems
- Must teach a minimum of two courses/year within content field
Galen College Values:
Inclusivity: I foster an environment that provides opportunity for every individual to reach their full potential.
Character: I act with integrity and compassion in all I do.
Accountability: I own my role and accept responsibility for my actions.
Respect: I value every person as an individual with unique contributions worthy of consideration.
Excellence: I commit myself to the highest level of quality in everything I do.
We are Galen College of Nursing. Our focus is nursing education and our students’ success is all that matters. We offer a unique educational experience we call Pure Nursing. Our knowledgeable and caring faculty and staff take personal interest in helping our students achieve their goals. Galen College is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award Baccalaureate and Associate Degrees. The baccalaureate degree in nursing program at Galen College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the associate degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). For complete information related to Galen’s accreditation status, please visit our website.