Director of Nursing - DON
Promise Skilled Nursing Facility of OVERLAND PARK: The Director of Nursing organizes and administers the Department of Nursing Services to obtain Promise Hospital's objectives as evaluated by the governing authority.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Must hold a current state license and must maintain license renewal in accordance with the standards of the State Board of Nursing.
- Must have experience in the budgeting process and management techniques.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of management level nursing experience.
- Must have ability to demonstrate leadership, managerial responsibilities and good interpersonal relationships.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Physical: Walking - up to 25% Standing - up to 25% Kneeling - up to 10%
Sitting - up to 80% Pushing - up to 10% Bending - up to 25%
Squatting - up to 10% Pulling - up to 10% Reaching - up to 35%
Lifting - up to 30 lbs Wrist/Finger Movement - up to 90%
Mental: Stress level: Moderate to High
EXPOSURE RISK: Category I- Jobs in which required tasks routinely involve a potential for mucous membranes or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissues or potential spills and splashes. Use of appropriate measures is required for every healthcare provider in these jobs.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, MATERIALS, MACHINES USED:
Telephone, facsimile machine, copier, printer, computer, as well as, all appropriate tools of nursing trade.
CardioPulmonary Resuscitation/Basic Life Support, Class C