Remote RN Care Coordinator
We have an exciting opportunity for a state-licensed Registered Nurse with strong Utilization Management experience! The opening will focus on the transition of approved patients from hospital to homecare or skilled nursing facilities. The Care Coordinator will be meeting with patients both in-facility and telephonically from home-office to introduce themselves, explain the process of transition, and work alongside a care-planning team to create a path to discharge and low rates of readmission.This is a Monday-Friday, daytime position covering our local, territory. Qualified applicants can expect immediate, same-day callbacks!
- Manages the transition of assigned patients from acute care setting to the skilled nursing facility and/or home setting utilizing face to face and/or telephonic outreach.
- Care coordination and facilitation with discharge planners, case managers, and hospital staff to obtain Post Acute orders for engagement.
- Authorize admission and continued stay at Skilled Nursing Facilities and Home Health care using approved medical care guidelines and collaboration with physicians and professionals within the healthcare setting.
- Communicate patient plan of care and discharge status with the Primary Care Physician and/or Specialist.
- Facilitates obtaining appropriate home health physician orders for the home care services when needed.
- Contacts referral sources to advise them of referral status.
- Willing to travel (50%) to acute and post-acute care facilities within the local assigned geographic area.
- Current and unrestricted RN license in the state of NY.
- 2+ years of experience within Utilization Management and knowledge of URAC/NCQA standards. Broad knowledge of health care delivery/managed care regulations, contract terms/stipulations, prior utilization management/case management experience, and governmental home health agency regulations required.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, problem solving and decision making skills required.
- Works independently, utilizing sound clinical judgment and critical thinking skills under minimal supervision.