Temporary Residential Summer Camp Nurse / Charge Nurse
Residential Summer Camp Contract Details:
Camp Grotonwood is seeking caring, fun-loving, and team-oriented residential summer camp nurses to join them for the summer season. School Nurses, Family Nurse Practitioners, Traveling Nurses and RNs wanted!
We are looking for one residential nurse and one Charge/head Nurse to join our camp community this summer. Grotonwood is a Christian camp and conference center that has been ministering to both youth and adults with special needs for over 60 years! It is our commitment to be a resource to all of God's people, encouraging fun, spiritual growth and faith exploration.
Camp Nurse Contract Dates: June 14 to August 17, 2019
Camp Nurse Salary: $1000 per week.
Charge Nurse Salary: $1250 per week.
Time Off: Friday 8:30pm to Sunday noon - Some flexible working is required to cover at least two holdover weekends.
Accommodation: Camp Nurses work and live in our modern Health Center facility which is air conditioned and conveniently located in the center of camp and staffed 24 hours a day, with a minimum of two nurses.
Residential Summer Camp Nurse Compensation: includes salary, room and board, laundry, WIFI, MA license reimbursement and time off to enjoy all the facilities that Camp Grotonwood has to offer including mountain biking, use of the lakefront, beautiful trails and boating. Plus, free Day Camp tuition and heavily discounted rates for Sleepaway camp for your children. Do you have pets? Bring them to camp!
Residential Summer Camp Nurse Benefits:
- Flexible hours - Residential Position with benefit of weekend and evening shifts available
- Free Day Camp places for up to 4 children in your household (value of $12,600)
- 50% discount on overnight places for up to 4 children in your household
- Free spot to off-site field trips, providing medications and treatments in non-clinic setting is required. Destinations include Six Flags, Canobie Lake Park, Bowling, Water Country and Mount Monadnock.
- Access to camp facilities such as private beach for swimming, tubing, blobbing and kayaking, low ropes challenge, rock climbing outside of working hours.
Additional Perks: Nurses with camp-aged children are eligible for a substantial day camp tuition scholarship (value of $2800 per child) and a 50% discount on all sleep away sessions. Nurses also have exclusive access to a Golf Cart for travel around the camp grounds in order to administer necessary First Aid and/or medication.
Suggested Experience for Residential Summer Camp Nurse: Camp Grotonwood is hiring hard-working, confident Nurses who wish to combine their love for the Lord whilst working with adult campers living with a variety of disabilities and learning disorders and also, children from ages ages 5 to 17 (who do not have disabilities).
Candidates must have a flexible approach to working in a busy ever-changing environment. Experience working in a camp environment is desirable but not essential. Ideally, you will be able to join our camp family for the full 9 weeks of summer. However, if need be we can be flexible.
Residential Summer Camp Nurse is responsible for:
- Overseeing the administration of medication to campers at designated Med-Pass times (4x per day).
- Organizing paperwork and maintaining camper files/records/MARs.
- Providing first aid care to campers and staff.
- Monitoring the health and cleanliness standards of camp, clinic and living areas.
- Coordinating visits to physician or hospital when needed.
- Ordering medical supplies and keeping the infirmary stocked.
- Working closely with the camp Director and various other staff to help provide adequate physical health conditions for all staff and campers.
Residential Summer Camp Nurse Required License or Certification:
- Registered Nurse (RN) - Must have an MA nursing license or be able to obtain one before camping season begins.
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications
- Driver's License
- C.O.R.I. and S.O.R.I. Background Check Required.
- Communicate effectively in English (orally and in writing).
Camp Nurse Job Requirements:
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
- Resolves conflicts and service issues in a timely and respectful manner and report outcomes to leadership.
- Ability to actively demonstrate a commitment to Christ, or, be willing to adhere, work and live in an environment that fosters these values.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Current RN license in the state of Massachusetts
- Experience leading youth and a passion for working with kids desirable.
- Experience working with adults living with disabilities (Epilepsy, Autism, Down syndrome) desirable.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to originate, update, and/or monitor health care plan and standing orders.
- High level of organization, communication and judgement.
- Desire to work in a camp community.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self-control.
- Capacity to assist with off-site field trips, provide medications and treatments in non-clinic setting to ensure continuity of camper care.
Camp Nurse Required Education:
- RN Required
Physical Nature of the Job: Job is moderately physical in nature. Employee needs to stand and/or move around throughout the majority of their shift and be able to navigate hills, uneven terrain and work in hot and humid environments for short periods of time.
Supervision: The Charge Nurse will provide medical supervision to two residential camp nurses and the Program Director will provide overall program oversight.
Who we are: Camp Grotonwood is owned and operated by The American Baptist Churches of Massachusetts, we are a co-ed eight-week day camp and sleep-away camp in Massachusetts for children ages 5-17 and adults with disabilities ages 18-90.
We are nestled on over 250 acres of beautiful woodlands and have modern cabin and dormitory style facilities, with access to a waterfront and a private beach. At Camp Grotonwood, we provide a well-rounded Christian experience for our campers and staff in a nurturing, safe environment with endless opportunities for them to try new things and feel great about themselves!
We attract down-to-earth, friendly and spirited campers, families and Christian staff. We hire 50 counselors and support staff from over 10 countries and all across the USA. When you work at Camp Grotonwood, you make a real difference in camper’s lives, give us a try!