Why Anne Arundel Medical Center (AAMC)?
- AAMC continues to be named one of the nation's Most Wired® healthcare organizations and with that comes the technology you need to take care of your patients - which will give you the time to go off and enjoy your own family life…
- Work/Life Balance – YES!
- Annapolis area: family friendly, excellent schools, arts/culture, water sports, mountains, history, and so much more…
We are seeking a Full-time Nurse Practitioner to join our well-established Endocrinology/Diabetes Specialists. Location in Annapolis Maryland and/or Easton Maryland.
Position will require management of complex endocrine patients. Ability to perform FNA's (Fine Needle Aspirations) a plus.
To provide supervised medical services for patients with emphasis on acute/same day care. All duties are in collaboration with contracted physician; services are provided under the rules regulations, and policies established by the approved job description of the State of Maryland, BPQA, HCFA, AMA, and AAHS.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides education and counsel appropriate to the medical needs of the patient.
- Maintains current licensure and continuing medical education credits as required by Maryland State Law.
- Communicates treatment / therapy progress with individuals who have the responsibility or control in patient care intervention.
- Refers patients to appropriate licensed physician or other health care provider as condition or circumstances warrant.
- Performs duties in accordance with established routine procedures as set forth by the State of Maryland, BPQA (Board of Physicians Quality Assurance), AMA (American Medical Association), HCFA, and AAHS policies.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner.
- Two (2) years of both Diabetes and General Endocrine experience
- Current Board Certification as Nurse Practitioner.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
To find out why providers are choosing Anne Arundel Medical Center please contact Courtney Gould at 443-481-5166 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Us: email@example.com