Registered Nurse (RN), Acute Care Pediatrics
- Richmond, Virginia
- May 16, 2023
- Jun 16, 2023
- Cardiology, Emergency Department, ICU / CCU, NICU, Pediatrics
- Contract Type
Full Time, Part Time and Weekend Shifts Available
Up to $25,000 sign-on bonus.
Unlock your potential.
Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU is seeking Acute Care Pediatrics RNs to be a part of our award-winning team, working to nurture the champion in every child in our new 500,000-square-foot inpatient and emergency Children’s Tower. We are ranked among the nation’s best children’s hospitals by U.S. News & World Report and received elite designations from the American College of Surgeons. If you are looking for a career with a sense of purpose and want to join a team that covers every specialty for kids, look no further.
The Clinical Nurse I job integrates technical skills and theoretical knowledge to meet the needs of the patient and family. This job assists the health care team with the prevention of illness and injury, maintenance of wellness, and provision of comfort. This job provides direction and education and begins to acquire leadership skills at the unit level. This job delivers and accurately documents direct, age-specific care to a patient or group of patients based on medical orders and an integrated, multidisciplinary plan of care. This job also safely administers prescribed medications, identifying incompatibilities and/or interactions.
- Diploma or Associate's degree from professional nursing program recognized and/or approved by the corresponding state’s board of nursing.
- All RNs without a BA Nursing degree (or higher) will be required to enroll in an approved RN-to-BSN program within two years of start date and complete the program within five years.
- Licensure for hire: current RN licensure in Virginia or eligible or compact state.
- Licensure for continued employment: current RN licensure in Virginia, AHA BLS HCP certification or equivalent.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (or higher) from an accredited program
- Experience as an LPN, nursing assistant or care partner in either an acute care setting or as applicable to area of practice
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement plans and cash match
- Paid time off
- Back-up childcare
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- And so much more!
The Richmond area has been named among the 50 best places to live in the U.S. with a combination of outdoor fun, history, a booming restaurant scene and an affordable cost of living. It’s the perfect combination of artsy, jazzy, outdoorsy and family-oriented.
Unlock your potential and apply today at