Grad RN HCA Nurse Residency 2019 (Behavioral Health Unit)
Do you have a passion
for patient care? Do you want to work for a leading healthcare organization?
Come and join our 2019 StaRN Nurse Residency Program!
Nurse Graduate Testimonial:
John Randolph Medical Center
, a 147-bed acute care facility, is located in the historic, riverfront city of Hopewell, VA. John Randolph is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortunes 500
, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless! John Randolph Medical Center currently holds a Leapfrog Group “A” Patient Safety Score. Among other awards and certifications, the Joint Commission
has awarded us the advanced primary stroke care center, acute myocardial infarction, joint replacement, and Top Performer on Key Quality Measures. Additionally, weve been awarded the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission for excellence in total hip and knee programs.
Wellness Pavilion offers hope, help, encouragement and support for individuals with emotional, behavioral and mental health needs, including depression, substance abuse like drug or alcohol addiction, anxiety and many other issues. Our patients receive the best quality care through specialized services in safe, healthy, confidential and calming environments.
HCA Nurse Residency Program (Behavioral Health Unit)
(10 Weeks Total):
Our StaRN Program will provide you with the tools
necessary to succeed in todays hospital environment. It will help you
transition out of the classroom setting and onto the unit by providing the
- 5 weeks classroom, self-study, skills & simulations
- 5 weeks preceptorship
- Certifications: TeamSTEPPS, CPI
After StaRN, you will
transition into our Professional Development Residency:
- 9 month program factored into a full time position on the unit
- You will learn Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- You will collaborate with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
- Your project has an opportunity to gain recognition by corporate for further recognition
Additional Information about Our Behavioral Health Unit:
- You will work on a 32 bed unit working with a variety of Behavioral Health patients ranging from psychotic to depressive, etc.
- Included within our Wellness
Pavilion is our 8 bed Military Behavioral Health Unit
that treats military service members and their families who are in crisis and suffer from PTSD, depression, anxiety, adjustment issues and other mental health conditions
- Our team offers Inpatient Services, Partial Hospitalization, and a Substance Abuse Intensive Outpatient Program for patients
- Our unit is very interactive and involved in direct patient care
- Our Director is very supportive of new graduates, offering opportunities to learn and grow in your career!
Check us out and like us on Facebook:
WHAT BENEFITS DO WE OFFER?
- Loan Assistance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401K and more!