Registered Nurse (RN) - Pediatric Intensive Care Nurse (PICU)
Currently seeking Pediatric Intensive Care (PICU) Registered Nurse (RN)'s for a contract opening in Danville, PA. This is a 13-week contract assignment Day/Night rotating three 12 hour E/O weekend shifts. The ideal candidate will possess a current PA Nursing License and have at least 2 years of recent PICU experience.
Responsibilities of the Pediatric Intensive Care (PICU) Registered Nurse (RN)
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Record patients' medical information and vital signs.
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition.
- Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patients' responses and conditions.
- Direct or supervise less-skilled nursing or healthcare personnel or supervise a particular unit.
- Consult and coordinate with healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
- Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
- Instruct individuals, families, or other groups on topics such as health education, disease prevention, or childbirth and develop health improvement programs.
- Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments.
- Prepare education patient on discharge instructions
- Setup / monitor / titrate IV drips including sedation, neuromuscular blockade, and vasopressors
- Setup / monitor invasive monitoring systems including arterial and central lines, and ICP monitoring systems
- Participate in Pediatric Code Blue team response
Requirements of the Pediatric Intensive Care (PICU) Registered Nurse (RN)
- Current Resume
- PA Nursing License
- A nursing degree from an accredited nursing program
- Minimum 2 years of recent Pediatric Intensive Care (PICU) experience as an RN
- Current BLS and/or ACLS and/or Specialty Certifications
- Two current clinical references
- Must be able to pass background/urine drug screening
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations
Compensation of the Pediatric Intensive Care (PICU) Registered Nurse (RN)
- Housing stipends Highest available
- Health Benefit package
- License reimbursement
- Travel pay 1st paycheck
- Completion Bonus
- Extending Contract Bonus
- Referral Bonuses
Becoming a part of the MedNet Professionals family is a career changing experience that goes beyond the practice of traditional healthcare staffing agencies. Create a profile with us today and get instant access to a variety of job postings and resources that will set fire to your purpose!
Connect with our wonderful recruitment team, set your goals and shine bright as the best candidate for the positions that we are looking to fill. Just create a profile and we will be sure to connect with you. What are you waiting for? Weve got plenty of fantastic opportunites waiting on you!