Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) - Med/Surg - Part-Time, Nights
Parkland Medical Center,
through our partnerships with The Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart Institute (NEHI), brings specialized medicine by highly skilled physicians, innovative approaches to treatment and advanced technology to our communities. With convenient locations in Derry, Londonderry and Salem, were proud to provide all the care you need close to home.
The LNA provides direct, age-specific care under the direction of an RN or an LPN.
- Assists RN or LPN in the implementation of patient care.
- Ensures patient safety and protection; collects and records vital signs and reports changes to RN; performs simple nursing procedures under the direction of the RN or LPN; uses/manages equipment safely and appropriately.
- Communicates with patients, team members, and management in an accurate, timely manner.
- Talks with, listens to patients/team members; reports pertinent, concise information; completes charting in a timely manner; manages computer charting/ordering as appropriate; protects confidentiality of patient/colleagues.
- Applies critical thinking skills and considers alternatives.
- Organizes multitask workload; prioritizes tasks/work; seeks assistance as necessary; collects data from multiple sources as necessary; organizes/delivers basic care for multiple patient assignment under the direction of an RN or LPN
- Develops and maintains human care relationships.
- Understands the impact illness/hospitalization have on patients/families; adapts care for diverse populations and environments; advocates for needs of clients; provides care in ethical and legal manner; refers concerns/issues to RN or LPN.
- Manages self and resources effectively.
- Acknowledges limits of experience and capability; identifies learning needs and seeks resources; utilizes equipment and supplies appropriately; maintains clean, orderly environment of care; ensures traffic control in “sensitive areas”; seeks out and accepts feedback; requests assistance appropriately.
- Interacts in professional manner--communicates directly, verbalizes scope of practice for self and others.
- Assists with or reinforces teaching in delivery of care with a focus on health promotion.
- Collaborates with RN to provide information to patient.
- Applies knowledge of the patient populations served within unit/area of hire.
- Provides age-specific care; applies knowledge of expected norms in care.
- Demonstrates the unit-specific skills required for assigned role and service area in collaboration with the RN.
- With validation of competency, may discontinue peripheral intravenous devices, and foley catheters.
- Meets Parkland Medical Center standards related to:
- Patient Safety: reports actual or potential medical/health care errors, near-misses or other opportunities to improve patient safety. Participates in safety education, safety, quality and performance improvement initiatives.
- Customer Service/Patient Centered Care: shows genuine concern, respect, and ability to communicate cordially with patients, visitors, physicians, and other employees; is sensitive to customer inconveniences and responds accordingly.
- Confidentiality, compliance, patient/provider rights: Adheres to corporate and professional codes of conduct, Standards of Excellence, HIPAA privacy standards.
- Attendance, punctuality, meetings: Participates in continuing education programs & mandatory education to maintain competence and gain additional skills & documents attendance. Annual absenteeism will not exceed HR standards, attends at least 50% of staff meetings, reads communications.