Operating Room Nurse PRN
Are you currently working with a healthcare provider with a culture and work life balance you are looking for? Would you be interested being a part of an organization recognized as Worlds Most Admired Company
by Fortune Magazine that would allow you to focus on your chosen specialty areas with the geographic flexibility of 250 locations across the U.S. and England? HCA provides that along with annually dedicating 30,000 volunteer hours and millions of dollars to the communities we serve. HCA at a glance
Grand Strand Medical Center
is a 301-bed acute care hospital serving residents of Myrtle Beach, SC, and the surrounding area. Our hospital offers the only cardiac surgery program, neurosurgery program and pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) in Horry and Georgetown counties and is a designated Level I Adult Trauma Center and Level II Pediatric Trauma Center by South Carolina DHEC. Grand Strand Medical Center is recognized by the Joint Commission, a leading accreditor of healthcare organizations in the United States, for the following programs: chest pain, knee and hip replacement, sepsis and stroke. In addition, we have received awards from the American Heart Association for our treatment of heart attacks and stroke.
A few of the benefits we provide you:
- Industry Leading Clinical Training and Professional Academy- Emerging Nurse Leaders
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Hundreds of consumer discounts
- Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Planner
- Social skills to positively engage with your patients, guests, physicians, and other employees.
- Your degree from an accredited School of Professional Nursing (B.S. or A.S.)
- Current State of South Carolina RN License required, or recognized compact licensure (subject to South Carolina State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions)
- Minimum of one year experience in the acute care setting
- Current BLS certification
Your Role: As an OR RN, you will work with the dynamic team in surgical services. Prescribe, delegate and coordinate all nursing care provided to assigned patients and is responsible for meeting all standards associated with performance, nursing practice and nursing care.
Our Mission- Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
The most important part of that mission statement are those first three words, “Above all else.” Before we care about strategy and growth, it is about the patient and that personal connection. We live that out every single day!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
“There is so much good to do in the world and so many ways to do it.” -Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr. HCA Co-Founder