Licensed Staff (LVN, LPT, RN)
Recovery is integrated into all of our levels of care across each of our facilities. We strive to create an environment that fosters our recovery values, while providing enough guidance and support to allow clients to make choices and actively participate in determining what recovery means to each of them.
We strongly believe that recovery is a supportive process where a person is encouraged to maximize their life and achieve a sense of balance and fulfillment. It is a deeply personal and self-directed process built on hope, empowerment, meaningful roles and spirituality.
Crestwood Behavioral Health Inc . is proud to be Californias leading provider of mental health services, assisting thousands of clients from across the state. Our focus is on creating strong relationships with counties in which we both have a financial commitment, providing the services which are tailored to meet our clients specific needs, and reinforcing a common set of values that guide our practices and policies.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)/ Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)/ Registered Nurse (RN) provides direct nursing care to the clients according to physicians orders and applicable client care standards, within their scope of practice. The Nurse will provide direction to non-licensed personnel in providing direct client care and operation of the unit.
Crestwood Offers Comprehensive Benefit Packages
Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage (including dependents and domestic partners)
Mental Health Days
Paid Sick Leave
2 Different Scholarship programs
Pay-in-Lieu of Benefits (optional)
On-Call and Part Time positions
Jury Duty Pay
Special Program Training
(WRAP, DBT, Trauma-Informed Approaches)
- Current licensure in California as LPT, LVN, or RN
- Knowledge of general nursing theory and practice.
- Ability to supervise.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff members.
- Previous experience in mental health nursing preferred.
- Current CPR and first aid certifications.
- Directs the day-to-day functions of the nursing activities in accordance with all applicable regulatory standards.
- Supervises assigned staff.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for clients. Works with the service coordinator in developing service plans for the client.
- Follows protocols regarding medication administration and treatments per physicians orders.
- Documents all pertinent information regarding the clients condition, medication, treatment, and communication with legal and health care representatives per policy.
- Supervises the use of restraints used for physical and behavioral reasons, ensuring that the clients rights and safety are upheld.
- Communicates with appropriate personnel and disciplines on a daily basis regarding admissions, discharges, changes in condition, physicians orders, and other appropriate information.
- Notifies physicians of all incidents, changes in condition, and need for evaluation of all medications or other treatment in a timely manner.
- Communicates clearly and directly with staff and assists them as needed in performing all aspects of their job.
- Assures conservator and/or family members are notified of any incidents or changes in condition as appropriate.
- Acts as a liaison with the physician, client, and all members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Completes incident reports, medication error reports, and drug reaction reports in a timely manner per protocol.
- Makes independent nursing decisions as necessary based on appropriate nursing theory and practice.
- Observes proper safety practices and recommends or initiates plan of correction as necessary.
- Upholds all infection control standards.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings.
- Participates in the implementation of quality assurance programs for nursing services.
- Participates in developing policies and procedures for the nursing department.
- Maintains confidentiality of all client care information.
- Keeps Director of Nursing Services informed of all potential problems on the unit.
- Performs all assigned duties in a professional manner.
- Works with clients in training capacity, if applicable.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be in good physical condition to meet demands of an active position, which requires extensive walking and standing.
- Must be able to stoop, crouch, reach overhead, stand, and move about the work area.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
Competitive compensation & benefits package (benefits varies by employment status)
Visit www.crestwoodbehavioralhealth.com to learn more about us.
Crestwood Behavioral Health, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Minority/F/Vet/Disability EmployerCompany Description
Crestwood promotes wellness and recovery by providing quality and cost effective programs in a socially responsible manner, and works with families and communities to reduce the stigma associated with mental illness.
Crestwoods values family, compassion, commitment, enthusiasm, flexibility and character drive the work that we do every day at all of our facilities. Our staff members embody these values and they serve as the foundation of the programs and services we provide.
Helios Healthcare LLC is a company affiliated with Crestwood.