Physician Assistant - Nurse Practitioner - Balad, Iraq
- Acuity International
- West Fargo, North Dakota
- Mar 27, 2023
- Apr 03, 2023
- Nurse Practitioner, Support Staffing
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Acuity International is seeking a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to support overseas locations in Iraq. The Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner maybe assigned to deliver health care and treat patients in one of two settings: (1) Small medical/trauma hospitals, (2) Large medical/trauma hospital. They will report to the Program Manager and are clinically supervised by the site medical director and work under the direction of a Physician, Surgeon, or Anesthetist.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and approve personnel time sheets.
- Review PTO changes prior to submitting to PMO for final approval.
- Coordinate and initiate MASCAL exercises.
- Provide chart review standards and processes prior to submitting to PMO.
- Provide evacuation plans and procedures to personnel.
- Provide expectations to staff along with performance evaluations.
- Personnel accountability procedures and documentation.
- Medevac procedures and protocols.
- Serious incident reporting (determine who qualifies and who is notified).
- Vehicle access requests and maintenance.
- Facility environment care ensuring personnel keep med lab equipment operational at all times.
- Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant, at the direction of the responsible CMO, may be required to hand carry meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks) for Hospitalized patients from the dining facility.
- All Health Care Providers (HCPs) will document care delivered and follow up care required.
- Assists with the managing of day to day activities and prioritizing tasks.
- Attends and participates in a variety of meetings and task force groups to improve quality and outcomes, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, and new policy requirements.
- Operates personal computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software.
- Complies with all applicable Acuity standards and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- If a candidate is a Physician Assistant, Graduated from an accredited or provisionally accredited by the American Academy of Physician Assistants and hold a NCCPA certification.
- If a candidate is a Nurse Practitioner, Graduated from an accredited Nurse Practitioner School and hold a AANP or ANCC.
- Full unrestricted U.S. (State) Licensure, Certification, or Registration required in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- Have three (3) to five (5) years’ experience as a Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner.
- Physician Assistant/ Nurse Practitioners with emergency medicine experience are highly desirable.
- Have and maintain current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Hold and maintain a certification in Advance Trauma Life Support (ATLS) is required (must hold prior to deployment).
- Mid-Level Providers who recently completed a Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) course or comparable advanced trauma course featuring “live tissue” or simulation training are preferred.
- All health care providers and medical support staff must have recent clinical experience in patient care for at least 6 months out of the past year.
- Must have a valid, current U.S. Driver’s License
- Must have a current U.S. Passport.
- Shall be proficient in the ability to speak, write and communicate in English.
- Work hours are based on a 72 hr. work week; typically six 12 hour days but other variations may apply.
- Ability to obtain a DoD or DoS security clearance based on contract requirements.
- Shall attend a Pre-deployment Counter Terrorism training course prior to deployment.
- Must be confirmed by a medical examination to be “medically and dentally fit” in accordance Acuity Medical Readiness Guidelines and Policies and/or as dictated by the Client.
- No conditions that would prevent the wear of personal protective equipment; including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor and chemical/biological protective garments or conditions that would prevent the capability of donning, lifting or carrying of up to 70 lbs. of referenced gear while running to a bunker or protected area in the face of perceived or imminent danger..
- The climate is desert-like, hot, and prone to dust storms.
Acuity International is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
For OFCCP compliance, the taxable entity associated with this job posting is:Acuity-CHS, LLC