Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) - Progressive Care Unit - Full-Time, Nights
Parkland Medical Center,
through our partnerships with The Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart Institute (NEHI), brings specialized medicine by highly skilled physicians, innovative approaches to treatment and advanced technology to our communities. With convenient locations in Derry, Londonderry and Salem, were proud to provide all the care you need close to home.
PCU is a 12-bed progressive care unit with private rooms that have been recently renovated. We have the latest equipment and technology as well as a varied patient population - acute medical and surgical, cardiac, wound care. We have a great interdisciplinary team and our LNAs have a vital and respected role that contributes to our team providing the best patient care possible.
Licensed Nursing Assistant
Full-Time, Nights - we offer a $5.00 night shift differential!
The LNA provides direct, age-specific care under the direction of an RN or an LPN.
- Ensures patient safety and protection; collects and records vital signs and reports changes to RN; performs simple nursing procedures under the direction of the RN or LPN; uses/manages equipment safely and appropriately.
- Talks with, listens to patients/team members; reports pertinent, concise information; completes charting in a timely manner; manages computer charting/ordering as appropriate; protects confidentiality of patient/colleagues.
- Organizes multitask workload; prioritizes tasks/work; seeks assistance as necessary; collects data from multiple sources as necessary; organizes/delivers basic care for multiple patient assignment under the direction of an RN or LPN
- Understands the impact illness/hospitalization have on patients/families; adapts care for diverse populations and environments; advocates for needs of clients; provides care in ethical and legal manner; refers concerns/issues to RN or LPN.
- Assists with or reinforces teaching in delivery of care with a focus on health promotion.
- Collaborates with RN to provide information to patient.
- Applies knowledge of the patient populations served within unit/area of hire.
- Provides age-specific care; applies knowledge of expected norms in care.
- Demonstrates the unit-specific skills required for assigned role and service area in collaboration with the RN.
- With validation of competency, may discontinue peripheral intravenous devices, and foley catheters.
We focus on keeping HCA Rewards fair, smart and competitive so we can offer you a full package of rewards and benefits that support your health, life, career and retirement. Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- The HCA 401(k) Plan with a 100% annual match (from 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service).
- The HCA Employee Stock Purchase Plan, which allows you to purchase company stock at a discount
- The HCA Financial Fitness Program, which offers free financial education and access to Certified Financial Planners
- Other benefits like life and disability insurance, wellness resources, flexible spending accounts and free AirMed Medical Transport voluntary benefits options for auto and home insurance, legal assistance,pet insurance and identity theft protection.
- Free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program
- Programs for adoption assistance, consumer discounts, moving, mortgage and real estate discounts, The HCA Caring for the Community Program service awards and professional development
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to $5,250 per year)
- Loan Assistance (up to $150 monthly benefit for full-time employees)