Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Per Diem
We are seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) to join our team to support the Armed Services Retirement Home in Washington, DC. The position is per diem and will be called upon to fill vacancies for full time staff. The perfect candidate would be a CNA with a full time job that is looking to pick up additional weekend or holiday shifts. You will work alongside fellow caregivers to provide high quality patient care.
- Provide patient care under direction of nursing staff
- Shall have one-year experience in a geriatric setting
- Report results from enema administration by licensed nursing staff
- Administer prescribed medications to patients
- Work in all assignment areas within the AFRH including: Ambulatory Care, Assisted Living Unit (ALU), Dementia, and Long Term Care Unit (LTCU) areas.
- Sterilize and prepare medical tools and equipment
- Collection and preparation of urine and stool specimens for laboratory analysis
- Provide companionship and basic care to patients
- Maintain a clean and healthy environment
- Provide personal care including bathing, feeding, shaving, and oral hygiene
- Escort residents to appointments off the AFRH campus as required for medical appointments and/or treatments as necessary. Transportation will be provided by AFRH, CNA may be responsible for transporting residents medical records and must remain with the resident at all times.
- This person will work under the direction of the RN and LPN and serves as member of a nursing team with a written assignment.
- Previous experience in nursing, patient care, or other related fields
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Ability to work well in teams
Nelson Enterprise Technology Services, LLC (NETS) is a successful, Minority Owned 8(a) and Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) - certified by the Center for Veterans Enterprise focused on providing Next Gen IT software, infrastructure, health staffing and IT solutions, systems engineering, networking, and other professional support solutions to our Federal, Civilian, and State and Local customers. NETS provides innovative solutions to meet complex, challenging requirements spanning enterprise communications and networking, interoperability, IT security and information assurance, e-government, e-health, systems design and development, and project management.
NETS utilizes emerging network technologies by providing cost-effective and efficient options for our clients to meet and often exceed their key IT and network business objectives in support of their mission while enhancing technology in daily operations. Our growth and success are a direct result of the passion our engineers bring to each engagement, and our ability to utilize our customers' existing investments enhanced with state-of-the-art technologies that continually improve services and demonstrate a passion for doing more with less. Team NETS, consisting of skilled, qualified technical and management professionals, managers, technical subject matter experts, and system specialists, are among the best in their fields. We are organized to provide maximum responsiveness and total quality management to clients while consistently delivering measurable results - on time, within budget, and without surprises.
Benefits are effective Day 1 of your employment with NETS. Our reputation is built upon the talents and integrity of our employees. We value the contributions of each and every person that is a part of our organization. We offer exciting, challenging career opportunities, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package to include the following:
-10 Paid Company Holidays Annually
-15 days a year of Paid Time Off (PTO) Annually for new employees (accrued)
-Comprehensive Medical and Dental Coverage
-Tuition & Professional Certification Support
-Flexible work arrangements, where possible