Director of Nursing DON
Hospice Agency looking to hire Director of Nursing. Full time position in Burbank, CA with great benefits.
At least 1 year of experience in Hospice Manager position a must.
Must have current Registered Nurse License in the state of CA.
Must have CA Driver License and a good driving record.
1. Participates in developing standards which ensure safe and therapeutically effective service to patients and families. Has joint responsibility with the Administrator for seeing that standards are met.
2. Participates in developing objectives for Hospice.
3. Is responsible for seeing that objectives are implemented.
4. Consults with the Administrator to determine a staffing pattern which will accomplish stated objectives and promote maximum level of utilization of personnel
5. Is responsible for recruiting, hiring, evaluating and terminating service personnel.
6. Plans and arranges for consultation needs of staff; prepares and maintains current policies and procedures which meet Medicare, Medicaid, accreditation standards, state and federal laws, etc. and implements; revises concurrently.
7. Participates in establishing the functions and qualifications for each service position; coordinates interdisciplinary team services:
Assures ongoing assessment of patient/family needs and implementation of interdisciplinary group plan of care.
Assures physician approval of plans for continuity of medical care.
Provides individual or group support concerning job related stress or issues
8. Organizes Hospice to delineate and delegate authority, functional responsibility, lines of relationship and communication to provide safe and therapeutically effective service.