RN Professional Development Clinical Educator
- HCA Healthcare
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Jan 31, 2023
- Feb 08, 2023
- Nurse Practitioner
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) RN Professional Development Clinical Educator with HCA Healthcare you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Healthcare family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic RN Professional Development Clinical Educator to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary The Clinical Professional Development Educator enhances professional practice and the provision of quality patient care by providing evidence-based quality educational programs and activities that promote professional competency for nursing, inter-professional, and non-licensed clinical staff at the assigned facility
- Participates in the development, coordination, managing, facilitating, conducting, and evaluating of onboarding and orientation programs for nursing and other healthcare personnel. Provides orientation/onboarding programs to promote employee retention. Conducts orientation in a manner that facilitates a positive learning environment. Incorporates organizational values/culture into the orientation process.
- You will maintain practice expertise in clinical areas of instruction. Designs and identifies educational activities to address practice gaps for identified target audiences, including licensed and non-licensed healthcare personnel, in alignment with HCA and division clinical education request and development processes. Develops activities to achieve specific outcomes related to identified deficits or opportunities for improvement in knowledge, skill and practice. Plans educational content delivery that encourages learner engagement. Collaborates with Clinical Education Market Director to evaluate and adjust educational programs based on evaluations and feedback. Utilizes the educational process to improve professional practice and promote safe, compassionate, quality patient care.
- 3+ years of experience in clinical education; 5+ years' experience in an acute care hospital
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) -Required Master's Degree in Nursing- Preferred
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in accordance with law and regulation. Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David's Healthcare policy Certification as NPD Practitioner and/or clinical certification as recognized by American Nurse Credentialing Center- Preferred
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for ten consecutive years (2010-2019). In 2019, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our RN Professional Development Clinical Educator opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.